Added the upper glove box to my Express

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hemi Joe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
62ed4e06-4698-517a.jpg
62ed4e06-46b4-6f04.jpg

Went well, love the USB port.

bskl76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 liter Hemi
Glove box

Hey Joe, looks really clean! Can you tell me what options your express came with? (ex. bluetooth, sat. radio) I just got a 2012 express bone stock. Has power door locks & windows but no keyless remote entry(could add it), no cruise control. How much did you spend on parts, easy or hard mod? Thanx!

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
looks good

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
That looks really good. Did you do it yourself?

OP
OP
Hemi Joe

Hemi Joe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey Joe, looks really clean! Can you tell me what options your express came with? (ex. bluetooth, sat. radio) I just got a 2012 express bone stock. Has power door locks & windows but no keyless remote entry(could add it), no cruise control. How much did you spend on parts, easy or hard mod? Thanx!

My Express was loaded for an Express. Power locks and windows, keyless remote entry, cloth bench seat, auto dimming rear view, Uconnect, 4wd. The sticker was around $30k. I'm not sure if you can add keyless remote entry. I had the factory remote start installed, which included two new key fobs with the start button. Maybe you could ask your dealer if that can be installed.

The parts were under $200. It was easy except the upper door. That was a complete pita to install. I can't take credit for it, I saw on another forum. Since my truck has Uconnect, the USB plug was there, just taped back to a wiring harness.

OP
OP
Hemi Joe

Hemi Joe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

BTW, my radio has satellite, Bluetooth, Uconnect. It's the base radio, I plan on adding the 430N RHB when my free Sirius is up.

Gardenfan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
So all you need to do is have the Uconnect for the USB to have somewhere to connect?

hmmmm.

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
Nice. Rams all should have that. Dumb with the open whole there

Sent from my tapatalk equipped AT&T iPhone 4.

Whitehemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looks nice ! I cant wait till i get mine !

gr8ridn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes, I can post the part numbers I used later if you want.

The upgrade looks really nice compared to the stock open bin. I have a 2012 Express equipped similar to yours except the 4WD. Please post the part numbers. Your interior color for the door looks the same as my interior.

Did you go to your local dealer for the parts or did you find a better deal on the web?

Thanks

gr8ridn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks, I appreciate that.

When I get the parts I was planning to use a "Whale Bone" plastic tool to pop off the plastic parts.

Is the bin held by plastic pop off fasteners or are there hidden screws I need to look for?

I look forward to charging the iPod and cell phone through the USB port. My truck came with U-connect so the right connections should be taped to the harness behind the bin.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Does anyone know if 2009 had that USB taped behind the box. I have the Nav radio and U connect but my glove box has no USB like that. I installed the iPod connector but would love to have USB way instead.

$miley

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hemi Joe

Hemi Joe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks, I appreciate that.

When I get the parts I was planning to use a "Whale Bone" plastic tool to pop off the plastic parts.

Is the bin held by plastic pop off fasteners or are there hidden screws I need to look for?

I look forward to charging the iPod and cell phone through the USB port. My truck came with U-connect so the right connections should be taped to the harness behind the bin.

It's easy to remove. Just remove the lower glove box by squeezing the sides in and dropping it down. Then look up underneath, there's one screw to remove and it pops out. The hardest thing about the whole thing is getting the uppre glove box door in. What a PITA that was. Oh, one more thing, I had to go to the hardware store and buy four trim screws for the upper door. They're the same size as the screw that held the upper bin in.

Here's some more links if you want to read more about this.

http://www.ramforum.com/f17/1st-mod-new-express-12199/

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Hemi Joe

Hemi Joe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anyone know if 2009 had that USB taped behind the box. I have the Nav radio and I connect but my glove box has no USB like that. I installed the iPod connector but would love to have USB way instead.

$miley

Only if you have Uconnect. Even still, I'm not sure about the 2009's.

gr8ridn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's easy to remove. Just remove the lower glove box by squeezing the sides in and dropping it down. Then look up underneath, there's one screw to remove and it pops out. The hardest thing about the whole thing is getting the uppre glove box door in. What a PITA that was. Oh, one more thing, I had to go to the hardware store and buy four trim screws for the upper door. They're the same size as the screw that held the upper bin in.

Here's some more links if you want to read more about this.

http://www.ramforum.com/f17/1st-mod-new-express-12199/

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=47705

Good info there, Joe. I appreciate your effort to clearly explain what is needed. This will make the job that much easier. Thanks!

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012, 2021
Engine
5.7, 6.4
What's the PITA part about installing the lid? Getting it lined up right or drilling or what?