adding USB connectors to center console?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

arod412

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good afternoon all.

with all of these phones and tablets that we have, we need to plug these guys in to charge when we drive. Has anyone come up with an idea that would hid the cables when charging the devices?

For instance, I have a center console for my 12 ram qc. I just hate having cables just sticking out and when I reach for my phone I would normally knock it off the console when attempting to get it. Anyone have something that can either fit nicely inside the center console or at least if it will sit on the center console, I wont have excess cabling?

I know that on the top lid on the center console there is a cigarette lighter outlet, but I make use of that space.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram R/T
Engine
I just use a USB adapter in that power point in the console.
You could always grab one of those plug in things and make it 2-3 power points. Throw a USB adapter in one and still have the open plug.

chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 True Blue Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Yea I'm with Unbroken. I used one of the splitters in my old vehicle and it worked great. I just don't need one in my Ram because it already has so many outlets.

OP
OP
arod412

arod412

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have one of those usb connections to the outlet, but the problem is the cables. When I have 2 of usb cables plugged in....looks like a spaghetti mess on the console. I just wish it would be a little cleaner...like if I can have the usb cables underneath the center console....then when I need to use it, I can just pull the cable up and plug it in...without all of the excess cablingon top..jjust sitting there.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram R/T
Engine
Which center console do you have?
I'm using the plug under the lid, not the one down by the shifter handle. I leave the cord inside the console with my phone plugged in and just access the phone via Bluetooth. I have my iPod plugged into the usb port in the upper glove box so I never see that either.

OP
OP
arod412

arod412

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Im talking about the one that is closest to the shifter ( next to the 2 cup holders). The one inside the top lid of the center console is good, but not when you are using google maps or something like that where u need to glance down at it real quick.

Podcast

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I believe they make retractable USB cords that will clean up alotta yer mess.

fivehead1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I mounted my phone dock on the dash. When I slide my phone in, it charges automatically. I ran the cable from the back of the dock down the center heater vent in the dash. You can barely see the cable.