Adustable head rest for a 1500.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Divinggumby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is there any easy way to adjust the position of the head rest front and back or any aftermarket or different vehicle head rest? The head rest on my 17 1500 sucks cause it pushes my head too far forward and kills my back. My 13 f150 was nice cause it had one that adjusted forward, up and down.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
some have used a box wrench and gently bent the posts.

OP
OP
Divinggumby

Divinggumby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
some have used a box wrench and gently bent the posts.

Yeah that's what I was thinking I may have to do. I really hate it when they put the head rests and a horrible angle forward, then don't give you a way to adjust them.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
thank the ins companies.

CVX20

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you don't carry passengers you can swap the back ones up to the front.I haven't tried it yet but I did pull the back ones out because they're to big to see around.They're supposed to fit the front.Or at least they did for the last couple of years.

OP
OP
Divinggumby

Divinggumby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you don't carry passengers you can swap the back ones up to the front.I haven't tried it yet but I did pull the back ones out because they're to big to see around.They're supposed to fit the front.Or at least they did for the last couple of years.

ok cool, I'll try that cause I just have two kid seats in the back so they don't need the head rests yet.

OP
OP
Divinggumby

Divinggumby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
thank the ins companies.

I don't buy that cause Ford has ones that ratchet back and forth. They were great cause I had mine all the way back and my wife could move hers up a click or two to be comfortable for her. This one size fits all blows even though they go up and down.