Aftermarket Sunroof - Signature 925 (pics)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kkreit01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It does look great, but I'm also curious why you don't like OE? I've never had a problem with any OE sunroof. Sure, yours has a lifetime warranty, but what are they going to do if there's major issues down the road? They can't "undo it". I don't have a sunroof on my truck. We rarely use it when we had them. It's either too hot, too cold, or raining here. Weather is rarely perfect in KS!

Last edited:
OP
OP
12TrueSport

12TrueSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 True Blue Pearl Sport
Engine
HEMI 5.7
It does look great, but I'm also curious why you don't like OE? I've never had a problem with any OE sunroof. Sure, yours has a lifetime warranty, but what are they going to do if there's major issues down the road? They can't "undo it". I don't have a sunroof on my truck. We rarely use it what we ha them. It's either too hot, too cold, or raining here. Weather is rarely perfect in KS!

I'm a big fan of them in vehicles that don't requier the extra structural integrity and I live some place that has great weather 99% of the time.

Usually, most factory sunroofs don't have the options that aftermarket roofs do. They are similar but not the same. Some things I like about mine is the rain sensing close, so if it senses moisture it will close. When it's vented in the up position you can vent it at different levels, You can also set if for specific memory positions rather than full open or full close and you don't have to mess with the button or switch to do it other than hitting it once to get it moving. It will also close when you turn off the truck, unless you hit a button to stop it. I don't know of any factory roofs that will close when you turn off the vehicle.

I've also had good luck with them in the past. Same company, different vehicle and roof but never an issue with leaks or corrosion.

More personal preference than anything I guess.

kkreit01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It does look great. I remember the $180 aftermarket pop-up ones in the 80s/90s. Those were a big no-no.

hemipwrd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I really like the way that looks!! Had an aftermarket one put in one of my other vehicles and never had any issues, thought about getting one put in the truck but kinda forgot about it. After seeing this, I may just have to look back into it.

bskl76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 liter Hemi
aftermarket sunroof

The aftermarket sunroof looks great! I'm gonna get this done to my 2012 express. IMO, $1400 is worth it if it looks like your sunroof, thanks for posting pictures & info!

Kelli25

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That looks awesome man.

I wonder if they would do one of these without the electronics.. Something that just pops in and out like the old T Tops. Except this would be an O top. Ha. I want to do it to my SC. Pull it off and throw it behind the seat on a sunny day. Would be AWESOME. Im guessing you have worked with this company before. Have you seen them do anything like that?

Designflaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 CC Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How about a pic from out side

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4 Beta

DatacomGuy

Reaction score
Looks great. I've had aftermarket sunroofs installed by dealers (their partners anyway) and they've always looked and functioned great with zero issue.

They didn't cost $1400 though. Typically around $750-900.. Which i'd pay. $1400, no way.. BUT, you're happy with it and thats all that matters!

gmzvip23

Reaction score
Ram Year
2k12
Engine
^^^ this most aftermarket sunroofs are in the 850-950. 1400??seems a little high to me

OP
OP
12TrueSport

12TrueSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 True Blue Pearl Sport
Engine
HEMI 5.7
^^^ this most aftermarket sunroofs are in the 850-950. 1400??seems a little high to me

My first aftermarket roof in a different vehicle in another state several years ago was $1100. That was a Webasto/Hollandria roof. I shopped around and found this to be average in CA. Everything is more expensive out here. These guys do all the dealer installs around here.

American Sunroof Corporation

Nikolang24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L Big Horn
Thats sweet! I almost got the sport just for the sunroof option and headlights. Maybe ill get an after market sunroof installed next!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2023RamWarlock