Air Recirculation Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jcl00

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi everyone. New to forum. Just bought a 2012 Ram 1500, and want to do the cabin air filter fix, but have a question about what happens when the air is set to recirculate. Is the outside air completely shut off? Looking up through where the recirculate door (I guess you would call it that) is behind the glove box, it looks like it is open to the outside air. Don't see any other door to block it off. I live on gravel roads with lots of dust. Owner's manual isn't much help on anything.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
welcome to RF, hopefully some body that know chimes in soon.

bloombloom88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
as far as i know, when set on max a/c it should recirculate the air thats already inside the cab vs trying to cool outside air coming in. also the fan runs slightly faster when set on max a/c. as far as there being some sort of door to block off the outside air, i have no clue but would love to find out how it works

TRCM

USN, Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Every vehicle I have had has a door that closes to shut off outside air and redirect the blower suction to the floor on the pass side.

That's why it sounds louder, you can hear it sucking the air in