Airbag Light ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aikido187

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I recently did a swap from the basic steering wheel to the leather one. Everything seems to be working fine but my Airbag Light won't go off. Any ideas on how to reset it?

jwheeler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Airbag light will go off when you have fixed the problem. No need to reset. There is a problem with the airbag, clock spring or the wiring in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
A

Aikido187

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just talked to the dealership and was informed that if I brought it in they could clear the airbag warning light quickly and for no charge. He informed me that if the airbag warning light stayed off after that, then I was good to go. If the airbag warning comes back on after being cleared, then we definitely have a bigger problem.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
I just talked to the dealership and was informed that if I brought it in they could clear the airbag warning light quickly and for no charge. He informed me that if the airbag warning light stayed off after that, then I was good to go. If the airbag warning comes back on after being cleared, then we definitely have a bigger problem.

if the light comes back on after visiting the dealership, please DM me. Thanks - Kevin T, Social Connect Team

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Airbag light will go off when you have fixed the problem. No need to reset. There is a problem with the airbag, clock spring or the wiring in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jwheeler is right. The airbag light will not turn off till the issue is fixed. If the airbag light is on there is an active fault. It's not like the check engine light which can remain on with a stored fault. So if it's on right now, they can clear it but it'll come right back on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2023RamWarlock