Anyone "add on" leather with the genuine Mopar leather seat cover kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mopar lists a leather seat cover kit, made by Katzkin, as an Interior Option on their parts site.

Has anyone ever used it?

Im more curious as to what it looks like....is it all one color, what color(s) is it, anything perforated, etc.

I know what the base Katzkin kit would look liike (directly from Katzkin) but was wondering if the Mopar kit is different.

Part # is LRDS0132DU (the 2 stands for 2 rows, the D stands for Deluxe, U stands for Uninstalled)

Thanks in advance.

-Chris

Pa.hemi.ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, 6" Rough Co lift, Fuel wheels, Bully Dog Gt, K&N CAI, Magnaflow Exhaust
Katzkin kits look awesome! Check out web site they have BUNCH of choices. Different colors, inserts etc. nice kit!

OP
OP
C

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No doubt, the Katzkin custom stuff does look great! Ive done up a few different configs but they were all pretty expensive (1200+)

Thats why Im so curious about the Mopar kit. Its less $$$ and some of the pics show it as a 2 tone kit with the RAM logo on it, etc. But Im not sure if they were just stock pics or of the actual kit, which is why Id like to see it if possible.

I think if I ask the dealer they are going to show me the katzkin design site, which Ive already used. Interesting note: you cannot have Dodge/RAM/ram logo embroidered on the seats when using a third party.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
No doubt, the Katzkin custom stuff does look great! Ive done up a few different configs but they were all pretty expensive (1200+)

Thats why Im so curious about the Mopar kit. Its less $$$ and some of the pics show it as a 2 tone kit with the RAM logo on it, etc. But Im not sure if they were just stock pics or of the actual kit, which is why Id like to see it if possible.

I think if I ask the dealer they are going to show me the katzkin design site, which Ive already used. Interesting note: you cannot have Dodge/RAM/ram logo embroidered on the seats when using a third party.

Here is the Katzkin site not sure if it is the same as the dealer
!

https://katzkin.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIh6GIpITL1wIVXp7ACh2m_wykEAAYAiAAEgJ2ofD_BwE

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
They look nice.

Do you remove the old seat covers? Is it new upholstery, not just a slip-over seat cover?

OP
OP
C

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They look nice.

Do you remove the old seat covers? Is it new upholstery, not just a slip-over seat cover?

Old seat covers come off completely. The Katzkin stuff is literally all new seat upholstery, not just covers that go over the existing.

Its not the easiest job in the world....your hands and fingers will get sore! But its not impossible.

I replaced the seat covers on a 1967 Mustang and the RAM looks like it will be less effort...back then EVERYTHING had hog rings on it. Now we have those plastic clips on most of the exterior frame and only a few hog rings internal to the padding/seat cover.

Katzkin makes the factory leather for RAM, so you'll be getting decent quality no matter what kit you buy from them. I just have to wonder if the actual Mopar kit is better/worse/same when ordered through the dealer.

NJ4X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had a Katzkin kit installed on my regular cab. I was able to choose the colors, stitching color and embroidered emblem. It's a perfect match to my interior and is holding up very well. Totally happy with it.

Attachments

• Truck seats.jpg
    Truck seats.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 92
OP
OP
C

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had a Katzkin kit installed on my regular cab. I was able to choose the colors, stitching color and embroidered emblem. It's a perfect match to my interior and is holding up very well. Totally happy with it.

Very nice!

Did you go through the dealer, a local shop or the internet?

And if you feel comfortable saying, about how much were they? (ballpark is fine). If not, no biggie.

NJ4X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I started off at the dealer, they had rings of swatches that I took out to my truck and matched colors to my interior. After talking to them more about it, they weren't actually going to do the install....they use a local Katzkin dealer. In the end, they suggested I just work directly with the Katzkin dealer, which worked out well. I went to the Katkin dealer and already knew what colors I wanted. I gave them a deposit and I think it took maybe 10 days or so to get the covers in. I dropped the truck off and picked it later that day. Very professional place...about 6 installers all working on different cars/trucks. They used additional padding when they installed the covers, so the seats are more comfortable. I also had them add heated seats too. Total cost was $1300.

NJ4X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oh yeah, everything came with a 3 yr / 36K mile warranty. I'm probably nearing 30K miles now and they still look like new.

fyrpm

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just had Katzkin installed - Best upgrade to date

I just had Katzkin seats installed a couple of weeks ago. Bought them on eBay. They came I the original box with paperwork. I found a local installer who gave me a good price to install. I would not recommend doing it yourself. I intended to do just that but I am so glad I had someone else do it.

Attachments

• 1119171503_HDR_resized.jpg
    1119171503_HDR_resized.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 91
  • 1119171504_HDR_resized.jpg
    1119171504_HDR_resized.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 90
  • 1119171504_resized.jpg
    1119171504_resized.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 88
  • 1119171504a_HDR_resized.jpg
    1119171504a_HDR_resized.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 82
OP
OP
C

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks everyone! Nice pics and info.

Ive found a few sets on eBay, though none with the RAM logo in them (at least not in the auction pics). I noticed there are TONS for Crew Cabs but not so many for Quad Cabs like mine.

$1300 is what I figured Id be looking at for the set just the way I want it, but not necessarily installed (its easy to ring up the price!) A solid color set looks to be less than half that.

BTW when I was looking at trucks and test drove an F150, I mentioned I found a different F150 with custom leather. Salesman told me that they could do custom leather too, but to save money would send me right to the Katzkin installer since all they do is mark up that guys price and take your truck to them anyway. So it seems to be a common theme.

NJ4X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks great! I originally debated installing the covers myself too. But, after seeing the installers working on cars....I'm glad I didn't. They do it all day long.... they put the covers out in the sun first to warm them up and get rid of any wrinkles from shipping. When installing, they used heat & steam to kind of stretch them and get a perfect fit even on the console. I'm sure I couldn't have got them on as good as they did.

fyrpm

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks everyone! Nice pics and info.

Ive found a few sets on eBay, though none with the RAM logo in them (at least not in the auction pics). I noticed there are TONS for Crew Cabs but not so many for Quad Cabs like mine.

$1300 is what I figured Id be looking at for the set just the way I want it, but not necessarily installed (its easy to ring up the price!) A solid color set looks to be less than half that.

BTW when I was looking at trucks and test drove an F150, I mentioned I found a different F150 with custom leather. Salesman told me that they could do custom leather too, but to save money would send me right to the Katzkin installer since all they do is mark up that guys price and take your truck to them anyway. So it seems to be a common theme.
Just a note, the crew cab and quad cab have the same seat configuration. You just have to pick the set based on whether your front is two buckets ot 40/20/40 with or without underseat storage. And if the rear is 60/40 or solid bench.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just a note, the crew cab and quad cab have the same seat configuration. You just have to pick the set based on whether your front is two buckets ot 40/20/40 with or without underseat storage. And if the rear is 60/40 or solid bench.

Actually the crew cab has a rear armrest in the 60/40 but the quad (at least mine, anyway) has NO armrest but is still 60/40.

If I find a good enough deal on crew cab seat covers I might think about changing to a crew cab rear seat back, to include the armrest.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Aren't the lower seats (the part you actually sit on) longer on the crew cabs?

OP
OP
C

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Aren't the lower seats (the part you actually sit on) longer on the crew cabs?

I think that is correct too.

Katzkin pattern number for the quad cab is different than the crew cab, but I dont know if thats just because of the armrest or the armrest AND the seat bottom being different.

Ive been to a couple sites, though, that show the quad and crew cab seats as the same, so Im not sure if they were just wrong or if its year-dependent.

fyrpm

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think that is correct too.

Katzkin pattern number for the quad cab is different than the crew cab, but I dont know if thats just because of the armrest or the armrest AND the seat bottom being different.

Ive been to a couple sites, though, that show the quad and crew cab seats as the same, so Im not sure if they were just wrong or if its year-dependent.
Yeah sorry about that post. I'm probably mistaken. If you're able,to find the correct set you'll be happy with the result. Good luck!