Anyone here have the hook up on weathertech?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sullivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Right now I'm headed into the Midwest winters here in Nebraska. I can't decide between the husky or weathertechs.

I've only had the weathertechs and I'm extremely happy with them in the past.

I don't want a rubbery mat, does husky have a liner like weathertechs material?

02blkram47

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've had both, weather tech in my 02 ram and just installed the husky yesterday in my 2011...I felt that my weathertech was made a little better. But I also really like the husky, great fit. Husky was cheaper so I tried them out.

ee2277b452ec99d0784ea689359cd248.jpge85181c48761d1d13f631d817722104a.jpg

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I went with husky and have been very pleased. They fit well and easy to clean.

Yeah,....it seems like the Husky Weather floorliners give you a bit more protection than the Weathertechs. I had the Weathertechs in my last Ram for 11 years and they worked great, but they didn't go high enough in the back towards the gas/brake pedals. The Husky's seem to do just that.
Both made in the U.S.A. too, which is killer!! :favorites13:

OP
OP
sullivan

sullivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Are the husky liners rubbery or just like the weathertech.

02blkram47

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The molded design is just like the weathertechs... I posted a few pictures of them back earlier but it might be hard to tell.

TruckNoob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Are the husky liners rubbery or just like the weathertech.

Its a softer more rubbery material. One other reason why I went with Husky. I'm in Texas and wear sandals 3/4 of the year. I can take my sandals off and they are comfortable on the softer Husky liners. Which means you'll probably want to go with Weathertech or another brand. Husky liners aren't cheaply made or more likely to rip or anything, just softer.

Birddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Bright White 3500 Laramie 4X4 Long Bed
Engine
6.7 Cummins TD, 3.73
I had weather techs in my 13 mega cab and I loved them and their coverage. The only thing I wasn't happy about is that I expected for the cost that it would be a heavier mat and not so thin and plastic mold feeling. I'm still using the same mats in my 16 but they don't quite fit as well because now I have a crew cab and the cut is different. Plus I had a tan interior before so I bought tan mats and now I have black interior. If anyone is interested in weather tech mats,tan, for a mega cab send me a PM and I will send photos. They are in really good shape because I have a black mat on top of them. I'll put then and photos in the classified section soon if I don't get any bites here.
I can't speak for Husky mats, never used them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1SilverBullet2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn 8 speed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Plenty happy with my weather techs. The ND winter hasn't hurt at all, the coverage is great in my truck. I was sorta leery with the thin floor mats but I like em a lot now. Easy to clean as well. I bought mine used but they're in great shape. My vote is for weathertech.

02blkram47

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Its a softer more rubbery material. One other reason why I went with Husky. I'm in Texas and wear sandals 3/4 of the year. I can take my sandals off and they are comfortable on the softer Husky liners. Which means you'll probably want to go with Weathertech or another brand. Husky liners aren't cheaply made or more likely to rip or anything, just softer.
I think it depends on who husky you buy, mine are not more robbery at all than the weathertech ones I had before.

PowerWagon2012

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had weather techs in my 13 mega cab and I loved them and their coverage. The only thing I wasn't happy about is that I expected for the cost that it would be a heavier mat and not so thin and plastic mold feeling. I'm still using the same mats in my 16 but they don't quite fit as well because now I have a crew cab and the cut is different. Plus I had a tan interior before so I bought tan mats and now I have black interior. If anyone is interested in weather tech mats,tan, for a mega cab send me a PM and I will send photos. They are in really good shape because I have a black mat on top of them. I'll put then and photos in the classified section soon if I don't get any bites here.
I can't speak for Husky mats, never used them.

I'd love some pics of them. How would they look with the dark brown longhorn interior?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Birddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins TD, 3.73
I'd love some pics of them. How would they look with the dark brown longhorn interior?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm not sure if the Longhorn uses the same brown I had but I had the two-tone 10 with I think it was called Canyon Brown. If that's the case it'll look good. Let me go take some pictures and I'll post them.

Birddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins TD, 3.73
This is what it looks like. I'm sorry the picture is not that good but I'm taking it at night with my phone. There's some white sand on it but other than that you can tell there's not much wear at all. Like I said I always put mats on top of them and I like the weather techs because they cover the sides. My factory mats under them are completely brand-new. The back and passenger mats rarely have anyone sitting in those seats so they're practically new. The mats really just need to be washed and they'll look great.
eabffd8b9051180283987137f60f29e8.jpg