Anyone know how to turn the dash lights out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Morbidking

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 big horn 2014 laramie
Engine
Need to turn dash Iights (instruments panel) out when key is in the acc position with headlights off

Me and the he wife will be going to the drive in movie theater and I can't get the dash lights off while the acc is on and lights off I can dim them while the lights are on but not with the lights off

BAILEY1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM 2500
Engine
Dat Cummins!
I don't think you can. Just place a jacket or towel in front of it while your watching the movie.

Ocelot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Drive in movie theater; It is 2013 right? Lok

Dude, it's a blast! We have a nice one near us.
Three screens, sound get's tuned into your radio, and no issues bringing whatever food or drink you want.

We haven't been in a while, but loved backing in and stretching out in the truck bed to watch the movie. If you have young kids, you go early and there is a big grass area in front of the screen to run around, play ball, etc before the movie.

Ray

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
Dude, it's a blast! We have a nice one near us.
Three screens, sound get's tuned into your radio, and no issues bringing whatever food or drink you want.

We haven't been in a while, but loved backing in and stretching out in the truck bed to watch the movie. If you have young kids, you go early and there is a big grass area in front of the screen to run around, play ball, etc before the movie.

Ray

Sounds pretty sweet.
Doubt louisiana would ever get something like that with the weather we have here..

shawnb1043

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yea blowngp. Thats true. I actually had the idea to try to start one up, and thats what kept me from doing it. It would be successful maybe 2-3 months out the year.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
welcome to RF, i agree with putting something over the instrument panel

willee51

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 SLT Crew 4x4, 8-spd, Cherry Red
Engine
V-6
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, the memories of the ole "drive-in movies", they were the great-times in American history!

res1551cue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You can use your dim switch that is in the dash on the left side of the steering wheel. Turn it all the way down and it should work. You know the switch you use to turn on the overhead light without opening the doors? That same switch also dims your all console/dash lights. Just remember to turn them back up when you turn the truck on.

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I miss our drive-in dearly. We used to bring my home made tower speakers from home, prop my doors open with them, and power them with my mid amp, with the sub pounding away on its own. Because everyone listened to the same thing the droks working there were always cool with how loud it was.
And then there were the nights with the GF who had the jeep... Sigh.

Oh- right- you had a question. Ahem. Another vote for where to keep your jacket during the movie.