Anyone modded the business card holder to hold a cell phone?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wadestar

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Has anyone wired up a charger in that spot? Was thinking it would be a fairly easy mod.

NvdRam, That is one thing I haven't tackled. I left an opening in the holder to accommodate the charging cord, but haven't battled with installing a built in plug.

Wade

wadestar

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Just ordered the Ram Small from Shapeways. It should hold my iPhone 6 (with case) perfectly.

I'll be watching for a reply to the charger question. I'm definitely planning to run a cable to it.

Ttubbiola, That is awesome you ordered one. Let me know how your iPhone 6 fits with the case. I allowed extra room to accommodate the case, but as you know...cases come in all sorts of shapes and sizes.

Wade

JJK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sport quad 4X4 HEMI 5.7
Got this little Gem today in the mail. Favorite mod this far. Thanks wade enjoying it. Very functional!! And looks great! Don't know how to roll the pic's up right . Sorry guy's

Attachments

• IMG_1991-2.jpg
    IMG_1991-2.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 332
  • IMG_1992-2.jpg
    IMG_1992-2.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 300

wadestar

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Got this little Gem today in the mail. Favorite mod this far. Thanks wade enjoying it. Very functional!! And looks great! Don't know how to roll the pic's up right . Sorry guy's

Glad you like it, Jason! Anybody else want to order one for their phone, you can find them here: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/wadestar

Irongoats

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I did until I saw the price haha so I made something real fast and crude that works out of sheet metal.

20150803_093242_resized.jpg

lokal907ryder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
dang I would love one of those phone holders, but wow $80!?! hopefully the price comes down.

wadestar

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
dang I would love one of those phone holders, but wow $80!?! hopefully the price comes down.

You are in luck...I just signed a contract last week to get these manufactured. They won't be available for a while...I am hoping to have them by October 15th, but the good news is...they are going to be between $20-24.

vhmike73

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 2500 Laramie Limited
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I did until I saw the price haha so I made something real fast and crude that works out of sheet metal.

20150803_093242_resized.jpg

I dig your wallpaper Irongoats!!!! :peace: You should check out the short cables Monoprice sells...the design I linked is similar to my Lightning cable I got from them, and that's pretty high quality. They sell the micro-USB to USB-B in 6" (black is backordered), 1.5', 3', 6', 10' and even 15'- all charge and sync capable. They also sell similar length Lightning cables.

Wadestar,

I'd love the print file that would work for the Iphone 6 PLUS...my buddy has a 3D printer and is always up for doing projects...this would be right up his alley!

wadestar

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I dig your wallpaper Irongoats!!!! :peace: You should check out the short cables Monoprice sells...the design I linked is similar to my Lightning cable I got from them, and that's pretty high quality. They sell the micro-USB to USB-B in 6" (black is backordered), 1.5', 3', 6', 10' and even 15'- all charge and sync capable. They also sell similar length Lightning cables.

Wadestar,

I'd love the print file that would work for the Iphone 6 PLUS...my buddy has a 3D printer and is always up for doing projects...this would be right up his alley!

No problem...email me at [email protected].

Kenneth1977

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Limited 4x4
Engine
Phone2_zps1cgpbmgu.jpg
[/IMG]
Phone%201_zpsgbqtx9tg.jpg
[/IMG]
I'm i the only one that has this ?

Kenneth1977

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Limited 4x4
Engine
Came stock in mine , it is in a lonestar so many of you may not have it because of it being a texas only on the lonestar trucks.

wadestar

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Pretty cool! That explains why I've never seen that layout before. Way more practical than the stock Business Card Holder.

noupf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport 6'4 Bed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
awesome professional looking piece to hold a phone, however, there is no way i can justify spending $90+ for something to hold a phone in place. When the price comes down to something a bit more realistic, i'm all over it.

A tip perhaps, you could get in touch with the forum mods, get this pinned somehwere, lower your prices and move many more units. That way, you wouldnt need to charge as much for your betas to get your start up money back

Irongoats

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I dig your wallpaper Irongoats!!!! :peace: You should check out the short cables Monoprice sells...the design I linked is similar to my Lightning cable I got from them, and that's pretty high quality. They sell the micro-USB to USB-B in 6" (black is backordered), 1.5', 3', 6', 10' and even 15'- all charge and sync capable. They also sell similar length Lightning cable.

Thanks man I will. :favorites13:

wadestar

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
awesome professional looking piece to hold a phone, however, there is no way i can justify spending $90+ for something to hold a phone in place. When the price comes down to something a bit more realistic, i'm all over it.

A tip perhaps, you could get in touch with the forum mods, get this pinned somehwere, lower your prices and move many more units. That way, you wouldnt need to charge as much for your betas to get your start up money back

I hear everything you said. It is crazy expensive. I think I explained this in an earlier thread, but the cost of the 3D printing is exactly that...the cost. I'm not marking those up one bit. That is exactly what it costs to have Shapeways print those. I checked out iMaterialize (sp?) and they were more expensive.

However...to fast forward to today. I tried everything I could to get the cost down but realized 3D printing was not the answer. I am now making the full plunge into the world of manufacturing and I currently shelled out the huge amount of money for the tooling to get them produced to a level that hopefully I can be around the $20-24 range to sell them. AND...I should note, I am having them made with a premium material (not a cheap plastic material) so they will match the quality I want in my truck...and I am sure everyone wants in their truck.

So...if you are patient, hopefully in about 60 days I will have these phone holders in hand, and at a low cost.

Wade

noupf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport 6'4 Bed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I hear everything you said. It is crazy expensive. I think I explained this in an earlier thread, but the cost of the 3D printing is exactly that...the cost. I'm not marking those up one bit. That is exactly what it costs to have Shapeways print those. I checked out iMaterialize (sp?) and they were more expensive.

However...to fast forward to today. I tried everything I could to get the cost down but realized 3D printing was not the answer. I am now making the full plunge into the world of manufacturing and I currently shelled out the huge amount of money for the tooling to get them produced to a level that hopefully I can be around the $20-24 range to sell them. AND...I should note, I am having them made with a premium material (not a cheap plastic material) so they will match the quality I want in my truck...and I am sure everyone wants in their truck.

So...if you are patient, hopefully in about 60 days I will have these phone holders in hand, and at a low cost.

Wade

and that my friend is entrepreneurial spirit at its best. Good luck, at a reasonable price, you will sell plenty. One sale from me is a guarentee

Last edited: