ATTENTION Center Console Swappers, Question about Radio Bezel Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Ok so ive got all of my stuff to do my jump seat to center console swap. First off, let me just say how F&#*$,# hard it is to vinyl wrap the "sides" (silver part) of the radio bezel... but thats for a whole nother thread. My question here is, when swapping from a jump seat bezel to a console bezel, ive noticed that ALL center console bezels for 09-12 trucks have the power inverter plug on the right side instead of the empty storage hole. I know some of you are installing the inverters and hooking that plug up, but for everyone else who doesnt want to hook it up, what are you doing with that spot? The plugs "base" is hard plastic that is "molded" to the bezel and after breaking everything done that can be removed, you are left with a small "frame" for the plug (see picture below).

477e430f17a0fc661fe3cce7c18ddd91.jpga40ee86174226755f9d2659f2308604d.jpg

So what are you guys doing with this spot? Are you just leaving the plug in there and not hooking it up and using it? Are you cutting it out with a dremel and putting one of the empty "storage holes" in there?

Trying to figure out what to do with this spot before i install everything. Thanks in advance for any help!

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi
Just a question did you look into hydro dipping it vrs wrapping it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

02blkram47

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Why not just hook up the inverter since everything is there?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Why not just hook up the inverter since everything is there?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
I dont have the inverter under my seat and indont have the wiring in my truck either.

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi
I dont have the inverter under my seat and indont have the wiring in my truck either.

I have an extra inverter with the bracket I am going to post in the for sale site, if you decide to go that route.

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I have an extra inverter with the bracket I am going to post in the for sale site, if you decide to go that route.

No thanks... looking to cut it out but im trying to see if anyone has a guide to it or any advice.

Thanks anyways though.

Mikro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No thanks... looking to cut it out but im trying to see if anyone has a guide to it or any advice.

Thanks anyways though.

ONSALE , I am trying to do the same thing. I have to get the cubby hole part first. I think this is the part# for my 2011? Center Bezel Pocket - Mopar (1PA21DX9AA) I am going to remove mine from my original dash to draw up the cutout and hopefully make a template to do the cutout on my new bezel before I do the conversion. Hopefully in the next few weeks. My neighbors house burned down the other day and I have some damage as well from it so I have to deal with that first.
MK

12sportmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Aren't you selling your center console now on Craigslist?

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Aren't you selling your center console now on Craigslist?

I had it up briefly but i decided to keep it. I was going to sell it to fund my projector retrofit but decided to keep it.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
I had it up briefly but i decided to keep it. I was going to sell it to fund my projector retrofit but decided to keep it.

That's weird. It's still for sale on Craigslist. Did you decide you are selling it again or did you never decide to keep it?

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
That's weird. It's still for sale on Craigslist. Did you decide you are selling it again or did you never decide to keep it?
It shouldnt be up there still... i guess I gotta go find it on there.