auto dim mirror

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

big_red06

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Bighorn
Engine
hemi 5.7
i want the auto dim feature rear view mirror for my 2014 I've been seeing them on car part are these a plug and play item at the moment i have a manual mirror with uconnect mic or is this difficult install thanks in advance

LoneStar_Crewcab

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey big_red, I am looking to do the same thing in my 2011 Lone Star truck. From the research I have seen so far, it appears that we'll need the wiring harness that plugs the mirror into the connection module found inside the dash. I think some guys have found this wiring harness in the passenger side "A" pillar, but not sure on this. I was hoping some of the guys with more experience with this can also comment.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
On the 14 Bighorn the correct harness is already there. They are all the same for trucks equiped with the factory blutooth. There is an autodim mirror for the RA3 and RA4 (8.4) radios and there is an autodim mirror for three RA1 (3.0) mirror with the backup camera. The RA3 and RA4 mirrors are controlled through the radio settings and need to have the autodim code flashed into your truck to work I belive its FN5 not positive. Not sure if you had the code flashed the mirror woud work with your RA2 but who knows it might. They also have tbe Assist/911 buttons on the mirror which will not be compatible with your RA2. In other words they wouldn't work because your RA2 has those features in the radio. The RA1 backup camera mirror may work because it is autodim as well but I am not sure if they can be turned on and off or not or what the code is for them. Not sure if the 11 has the correct harness or not. I am more familiar with the 13 and up.

OP
OP
B

big_red06

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Bighorn
Engine
hemi 5.7
On the 14 Bighorn the correct harness is already there. They are all the same for trucks equiped with the factory blutooth. There is an autodim mirror for the RA3 and RA4 (8.4) radios and there is an autodim mirror for three RA1 (3.0) mirror with the backup camera. The RA3 and RA4 mirrors are controlled through the radio settings and need to have the autodim code flashed into your truck to work I belive its FN5 not positive. Not sure if you had the code flashed the mirror woud work with your RA2 but who knows it might. They also have tbe Assist/911 buttons on the mirror which will not be compatible with your RA2. In other words they wouldn't work because your RA2 has those features in the radio. The RA1 backup camera mirror may work because it is autodim as well but I am not sure if they can be turned on and off or not or what the code is for them. Not sure if the 11 has the correct harness or not. I am more familiar with the 13 and up.

I've seen some of these mirrors available with the autodim and the smartbeam for a reasonable price is that also plug and play and a dealer flash for the 14 bighorns ? thanks