Car Seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ghost14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.1
Wondering if anyone has a car seat installed in the middle seat?
Any recommendations on which car seat is best?

adurm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB
Engine
My dad has one in the middle back seat of his 03 ram quad. Of course you don't put one in the front seat ever. We have two infant car seats at the moment. A chicco and graco. They are basically the same. I think the graco is a little bigger and not at as sharp of an angle (to keep baby from folding up). The graco seatbelts are broad and look as if they dig into her neck while the chicco does not. Can't say about seats for toddlers and bigger. Haven't gotten there yet. Best wishes.

Rambo182

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
I have a Chicco Keyfit 30 in the middle seat of my 2015 1500 CC for my 2 month old. Because of the small middle seat it hangs over a little bit but it is definitely the safest spot for a baby.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Shoot, I've got 3 in the back of mine! Well, one is just a booster now. I used the Chicco Key fit when they were infants then Britax when they grew out of the Key fits.

Quint

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Big Horn 1500
Engine
5.7L v8 eTorque
All the car seats look the same when covered in smeared banana and cheerios! The difference between the seat in my wife's car (let's her eat in the car) versus my truck (only on long trips) is dramatic. All the car seats are pretty good today unless you're buying the cheapest ones.

My daughter moves her convertible booster seat from side to side before we start driving. If we have a bunch of people, she will put it in the middle so that grownups have the bigger seats on the sides, and she gets to be the center of attention.

brianw0048

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
i put my son's booster in the center today and it just seemed like he was going to fall off the seat. I don't like the mini middle seat.

MANual_puller

Shade tree grease monkey
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Moose
Engine
5.7L hemi
We use graco seats. Have 1 rear facing infant seat and one front facing for a toddler. I have put the front facing toddler seat in the front middle a couple times when we have a full 6 people along. I'm pretty certain with the side impact protection of the front facing toddler seat it should be okay in the front middle since there's no middle airbag. Also then the rear facing seat goes in the rear middle so the adults have more room. Only happens when necessary, 99.9% of the time both middles are open when it's just the 4 of us.