Car seat in Ram crew cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BFails

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am running into an issue in my 09 Quad Cab. My child's safety seat has an adjustable piece that tightens and loosens the shoulder harness. Due to the rear seat and the rear window being so close together, I worry that when he grows again I won't be able to adjust the head part up enough to get him in the seat. I'm not sure there is anything that can be done. Anyone else having this issue?
We have a Graco MySize 65

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've got our seat on the passenger side in both vehicles. I tried the middle section of the seat, but it's just too much for my wife to reach across and get the seat locked into place.

14hemiexpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l
We run a Eddie Bauer convertible seat in the middle I picked the seat I did sense it has the narrowest base I could find so it doesn't hang off the seat very much. I will be super happy the day I can turn my son forward facing safely.

ssilence

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 11 month old goes in a carrier with base directly behind the driver. My 7 year old in a booster seat in the middle. And my 9 year old in the seat behind the passenger. When we transition the little one to the next car seat, I am going to try and get one that will work in the middle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HiDustin808

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Demi 5.7
Research says unless you have multiple kids the center position is the safest. You can use the latch conations on the bottom only for rear facing seats up to a combined 60lbs.

Also, they say keep your kid rear facing till at least 2 years of age unless they are really big kids and do not fit. Has to do with the development of their neck muscles and possible whip lash in a crash.

WillieTip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
1.9 cdti
I put them on either side of the truck. Center is left empty. We use a VERY high quality Britax car seat. You get what you pay for for sure!

Sent from my iDevice using data nodes and algorithms.

It seems that you have experience with britax seats. How good are they? Would you recommend them?

I'm on a hunt for a new car seat and after weeks of searching I've set my sights on the britax advocate. The thing is that people are highly neurotic I almost gave up on this seat after a few bad reviews on amazon. I've looked through a number of blog reviews and they are all hype. They neglect the drawbacks. After going through a few of them I've came across a different one that seems to actually used the car seat. After I read the britax advocate review i got a bit on the fence. It has some drawbacks that i haven't thought of. Should I get it or not? what's your take on it?

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
We used the Boulevard, were very happy with it. One thought on other parts, I always out car seat on passenger side because it is in the corner or my eye all the time and I could see Jr in there, too many horror stories of people leaving children and personally felt out of sight was not right. Wife and I had system, who ever dropped off always called when leaving and other had alarm set for same time every day.

Cwils80

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^ Passenger side aswell. Statistics say passenger is actually more dangerous but its easier to reach if need be and better for vision for our 11 month. Wife did all the research and we found the Graco 4 Ever DLX 4 in 1 to be best for us. Expensive but people have stated they have gotten in wrecks with this and their child was safe and that's the best review you can give in our opinoin. Plus they just look safer and comfier in our opinion.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2023RamWarlock