Care and feeding of Leather Steering Wheel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

patchelect

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've been wondering what the more preferred way is to take care of the leather steering wheel on my RAM. I'm assuming a simple occasional use of saddle soap? The truck is a CPO but is still in great shape and I don't want things to go sour because I was lazy or stupid. Although I've had lace on covers in the past and even a few European cars with leather wheels, I never bothered to worry about the care and feeding. This truck is something I plan to have for a long time and want to stay on top of things.

bhonshell37

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
There is a plethora of interior cleaning products and tools for leather. AUTOGEEK AND AUTOPIA have forums and websites. Detailed Image is another site. Join one or both forums. I am a supporter of Meguiars, Griots Garage, Sonax, McKees 37, 3D, Nanoskin, ONR.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
I've been using Meguiar's leather cleaner/conditioner for years on multiple vehicles and always great results.

Greg
2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

OP
OP
patchelect

patchelect

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks like Meguiar's is the winner~

Thanks to all.

OP
OP
patchelect

patchelect

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
And as a bonus, I found that I already had some hiding in the dark recesses of my garage! I'll check out any expirations and do a small test bit before I get too involved, but the wheel is black so I'm not going to worry about stains.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
I was wondering what to feed my steering wheel also :roflsquared: