Cargo cam screen and back up cam screen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike_123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Would anyone happen to know if the screens can be switched
I've got a 2014 laramie with the cargo cam that uses the big screen and the backup camera witch uses the small rear veiw mirror screen
I would like to switch the screens if possible so the back up cam comes on the big screen and the cargo cam uses the rear view mirror screen

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Would anyone happen to know if the screens can be switched
I've got a 2014 laramie with the cargo cam that uses the big screen and the backup camera witch uses the small rear veiw mirror screen
I would like to switch the screens if possible so the back up cam comes on the big screen and the cargo cam uses the rear view mirror screen
What's a cargo cam? Is that a camera for the box of your truck?

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi
Yes they can be several ways to do it, check forum here fo CHMSL. You colud switch pins in radio harness, (simplest and cheapest way to do it).
Add a lockpick, or Rax jailbreak. search the forum

OP
OP
M

Mike_123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes it's a camera in the third brake light that looks over the box
Awsome for hooking up the gooseneck trailer aswell

OP
OP
M

Mike_123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cptwing thanks for the info

cgeorgemo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
this topic gets talked about on all areas of this forum...

man if rookies would just use the search button...

switching the wiring around would be the cheapest, but this would be an option also

http://www.amazon.com/Voyager-CSW5007Q-Switcher-Camera-Switch/dp/B005XRJGOQ?tag=viglink21284-20

both cameras into the main screen with a split screen module

Not sure that would be very easy to install, the inputs for the radio and mirror aren't RCA type connectors. No insurmountable but just something to think about.

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not sure that would be very easy to install, the inputs for the radio and mirror aren't RCA type connectors. No insurmountable but just something to think about.

the inputs are just hardwired. they are still just a positive and neg video signal. anybody can wire those into a simple rca.

thats how its easy to add a back up cam to these trucks. i used a simple rca connector back-up cam and converted it to just wires and plugged it in the radio.

OP
OP
M

Mike_123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Baum
I used the search prior to this posting however typing in backup cam brings up pages of useless information to my particular question.
However im terribly sorry to have troubled you and everyone else with my question.
Yes I'm a newb to this particular forum as im a newb to the dodge aswell allthough im not a newb to the Internet or the many other forums I frequent

Should these "rookies" questions continue to bother you so much perhaps you should avoid the forums all together
After all the forums wouldn't be forums without all the questions

gsw_03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
^^^Agreed. We've all been there, whether we like to remember it or not.

I've found it's best to start any new thread with an apology and an explanation. They'll still yell, just a bit less loudly.

OP
OP
M

Mike_123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It's an ignorant comment to make on a forum where people come to share their knowledge and information that they to have probably learned by asking the questions.
People with his attitude turn people away from these forums rather then attract newcomers in witch these forums rely on

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi
Seriously Baum? If you did not like the fact that he opens a new thread don't read it, better yet don't post to it. Welcome Mike

Jarhead57

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 4x4 CC Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Everyone needs to remember that we were ALL newbies-rookies at one time. I don't know anyone that came here knowing everything.

cgeorgemo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Everyone needs to remember that we were ALL newbies-rookies at one time. I don't know anyone that came here knowing everything.

Well then allow me to introduce myself....

J/K

Sent from Skynet terminal 142a5

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
WOW didnt mean to get everyones panties up in a bunch..

i myself have been yelled at before for not searching first on here. once i learned how to use the "advanced" search function its the first place i go to if i have a question to see if it has been asked.

i have to laugh since the OP actually posted on the exact same topic in the audio/electronics area (logical place for it since a camera and radio are electronics)

ceide4489

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Baum
I used the search prior to this posting however typing in backup cam brings up pages of useless information to my particular question.
However im terribly sorry to have troubled you and everyone else with my question.
Yes I'm a newb to this particular forum as im a newb to the dodge aswell allthough im not a newb to the Internet or the many other forums I frequent

Should these "rookies" questions continue to bother you so much perhaps you should avoid the forums all together
After all the forums wouldn't be forums without all the questions

Exactly seems people forget that there are new people here and that sometimes the search is useless or not effective. I thought the whole point of these forums was to help each other out politely.

I also had the same question and searched for answer and did not find. So bought truck without the cargo cam as I didnt really need it