What kind of front seating do you have?

• Bucket seats with center console

Votes: 33 50.0%
  • Bench seat with fold down console

Votes: 33 50.0%
  • Bench seat with no console

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StLucieHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well I say Bench with fold down console,,,, and I'd gladly assist you in the swap and supply all the correct parts !!! LOL!!!!

StLucieHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ya can't blame me for trying,,, and honestly you'd love the flip down console out of mine!!!!!!

OP
OP
Miami Son

Miami Son

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Cab
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Interesting. I posted this same poll on another forum and the voting is running completely opposite to in here. Hmmm...

Last edited by a moderator:

Ryan12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I looked into the bench and the center console, and after driving both i feel in love with the floor mounted shifter on the center i use the s**t out of my sport mode lol. Id say center man

Nightcast

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I told my dealer to find me a truck with a center console. Didn't matter which model it was just as long as it had the console.

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
Console. I love mine. I don't need more than 2 people sitting in front. Plus I love the floor shifter and the storage it has.

Sent from my tapatalk equipped AT&T iPhone 4.

jlb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
But you get so much more storage out of the fold down console, and I guess you luck out in the people department, I regularly, and unfortunately have 7-8 people in my truck for race days, plus gear, and trailer, car... lol with the floor console I would have been screwed, plus its not like the "sport shift" mode on these trucks is anything like a manual tranny. Maybe your floor mounted shifter behaves differently than my column mounted one, but I doubt it.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
But you get so much more storage out of the fold down console, and I guess you luck out in the people department, I regularly, and unfortunately have 7-8 people in my truck for race days, plus gear, and trailer, car... lol with the floor console I would have been screwed, plus its not like the "sport shift" mode on these trucks is anything like a manual tranny. Maybe your floor mounted shifter behaves differently than my column mounted one, but I doubt it.

i think you get a lot more storage with the floor console

jlb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Challenge me? It's on...

jk lol

I just measured mine, and I found the basic dimensions (all in inches) to be

Upper Console: 4 x 11.5 x 14
Lower Console: 3 x 11 x 14

Totaling 0.64 cubic feet

(4*11.5*14+3*11*14)/(12*12*12)

Maybe I am mistaken but I always thought the upper console for you guys was basically just a pen/cell phone holder, and the lower was at most 10 x 10 x 10

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Challenge me? It's on...

jk lol

I just measured mine, and I found the basic dimensions (all in inches) to be

Upper Console: 4 x 11.5 x 14
Lower Console: 3 x 11 x 14

Totaling 0.64 cubic feet

(4*11.5*14+3*11*14)/(12*12*12)

Maybe I am mistaken but I always thought the upper console for you guys was basically just a pen/cell phone holder, and the lower was at most 10 x 10 x 10

lol, i never measured, i just figured with the big lower and decent size upper and then misc. spots around the shifter and on the sides it was more space.

Ocelot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I like the look of the center console, but I think I prefer the bench with the fold down. Seems roomier and less closed in to me with the bench.

OP
OP
Miami Son

Miami Son

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Cab
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I originally wanted a split bench like my 2500, but after test driving the Sport and remembering what my Cuda and Road Runner felt like with that shifter in my hand, I had to have the center console.

rblochli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
I had the bench with fold down console in my '98, '04 & '08 but the '12 I bought off the lot had the buckets with the center console (couldn't find one with the bench). I liked the fold down console better and the flip down cup holders would hold a quart Gatorade, but I'm getting used to the center console - seems to have the same amount of space, the top console of the center console is a little thin, but it seems to work and I found a home for all my cr@p. Could use some separators like the flip down console so when you flip it up everything doesn't slide to the back...and yes the shifter is more fun...

fsharp1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Center console was a must have for me, My 2500 had it and I will never go back to a bench with center flip.....

hounddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 laramie 2500 credit cab 4x4 cummins
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Fold down console. The other one just uses up too much space and you lose that "open" feeling that is so crucial with a truck. Makes me feel boxed in when I get in my buddies with the big "box" console.

Dom T.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I wanted the bench with fold down. But, the wife cried for the Laramie so we got the buckets with console. Now she cries cause her friends can't ride with us since we are one seat short. I never liked them so, it worked out in my favor. My ideal truck always has a bench seat up front. Not acting tough, obviously the wife is in charge.

OutlawTrucker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I got the fold down center seat with column shift. Works for me. I like the look of the center console but it looks too crammed for my taste.