Center console to bench seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KahneFan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm thinking of swapping my center console for a middle seat. I've seen posts about putting a console where the seat is, but not usually the other way around. Would there be any reason I won't be able to do this? (i.e. no carpet under my console...). I currently have rear AC, but I'm guessing I can cap that somehow?

GYSOT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Easy to do in the reverse I did it the other way around. If you need a seat or anything plus the center stack stuff willing to sell mine. Also forum has been great to me so let me know if you need any help/instruction, very easy to do.

OP
OP
KahneFan

KahneFan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Easy to do in the reverse I did it the other way around. If you need a seat or anything plus the center stack stuff willing to sell mine. Also forum has been great to me so let me know if you need any help/instruction, very easy to do.

Thanks! Does the middle seat have storage below the bottom seat area? And, are you in the Austin/SA Texas area by chance?

GYSOT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
They make a storage tray for the floor. There is a small storage under the lid but not a lot, I can send you a pic if you need one and I am in Atlanta sorry.

VegasDragger45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You can keep the rear ac if you get a center seat from a CrewCab. My CC jump seat has rear AC vents

OP
OP
KahneFan

KahneFan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can keep the rear ac if you get a center seat from a CrewCab. My CC jump seat has rear AC vents

That's great to know, thanks!

As for center seat storage, my wife's Yukon has actual storage below the middle seat. For some reason I was thinking Dodge trucks had this option as well. It's a ton of storage. As much as, if not more than, my current center console. (this is separate from the seat back/arm rest storage of the middle seat)

Gary's Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Its very easy to do the swap. I just swapped from the floor console to the jump seat in my 2016 RT. You will need the seat, belt, radio bezel & storage tray/trim under the radio.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
You can find a crew cab center seat with AC and under seat storage. I just put one in my QC. The under seat storage is meant for a CD player but it can be repurposed.

cc9db6dd6db267bb45435b36faa9d52a.jpg

If no one has offered yet, I have a non under seat storage center seat for sale, but I'm in St. Louis. I'm willing to ship though, PM me if interested.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

tfaught50

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a center seat I'd trade you for a console, Im about 2 hours from Austin

gjimenez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
seat

I need a Jumpseat for my 2013 ram sport. Please help me

vgoodson91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've got a 2012 crew cab, I would trade my center jump seat with rear ac and floor tray and cup holders for the console and dash trim pieces. My interior is black.

I'm in College Station.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vgoodson91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would even do all the labor of swapping the parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk