Center console issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

r1drama

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would really like to remove the interior deep well liner of the center console to install a holster, directly to the liner. The idea being to bolt through the liner and put a nut on the back side. The center well liner has 4 screws and once removed the well liner will not budge. Must need a tool or there is a clip holding it in place. I have searched and searched for an answer, to no avail. Can anyone help, I don't want to break it. 2012 Ram 1500 Laramie

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
welcome to RF. I have never tried to remove that so i can't help. Hopefully someone who has done this will chime in. iN the mean time post post to help show what you are talking about.

demoman57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I am also trying to get the center console out. I am trying to install a compressor for airbags and I thought this would be a good spot for the compressor. Anyone know how to get the console out after the four screws are out?

OP
OP
R

r1drama

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I still haven't solved the issue. And no response from the forum at this point. Please keep me posted if you have any results. Thanks

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
You'll have to search for it, but one of the guys on this forum put a console into an express. Ought to be the reverse engineering magic key your looking for. Like I said, you will have to play with the search function for a while.

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
if you want to remove the center console you have to remove the chrome ring first just be careful bacause i've seen a few guys break theirs. after that remove the rubber piece closest to the dash on the console and there it 2 screws under it that need to be removed then just pull up and it should come off

OP
OP
R

r1drama

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you for taking the time to reply. My dilemma is not to remove the entire console but simply trying to remove the liner in the deep well of the center console. The well liner has four visible screws. When removed the well liner does not budge. Thanks for any additional help.

Bombdigitty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am also trying to get the center console out. I am trying to install a compressor for airbags and I thought this would be a good spot for the compressor. Anyone know how to get the console out after the four screws are out?

I wouldnt..... There Noisy. I bagged my cavalier years ago. they were 2 loud in the truck IMO. Id be trying to mout them in the bed or under it.

Perhaps a RAM BOX if you have them..