Cheapest place to buy Mopar Heated Seat Kit???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
My local dealer wants $400 for the Mopar heated seat kit and I know for a fact I can get it cheaper somewhere else as this local dealer is overpriced on every part I've ever called about by nearly double online prices.

Does anyone have any good sites that sell mopar oem parts?? Specifically the heated seat kit?

If not, does anyone have any mopar sites at all they can recommend that you have personally ordered from (and actually gotten your parts) because if you Google mopar parts you get 1,000's of sites, which I'm sure some are fraudulent, but it's hard to tell which ones.

Thanks in advance for any help!!!

Sent from hell via TapATalk

clifford15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Not MOPAR but I have a kit saved in my Amazon wishlist. Metra Single Seat Heater with Illume 3 Positions. $27.99. It has good ratings and 2 would set you back $56

I cant remember where I posted it now but I got a set of recall Grand Caravan seat heaters complete less switches for a great (embarrassing) price on ebay. It is not so simple though because the real switches are difficult to find and are nearly impossible to mount in the RAM dash. I successfully tested an alternate switch setup using the round seat heaters switches sourced on Amazon, a couple of diodes and a couple of resistors. The reason that I like this setup is the switch control signal current is low. There is a control box that handles the high amp heater chores.
Sorry for the rambling but if I did not have time and money invested in my current setup I would have gone with the Metra parts and save a few bucks.

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The Mopar kit isn't that great. Well at least the buttons anyway, they're just stick on. Check Corporation makes the kit, so maybe check with them if you're set on the Mopar.

And AllMoparParts.com (a vendor on here) are legit. Benny is a stand up guy.

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L

I saw them but I'm a little worried because if you look at the same exact kit on Amazon, in the reviews section, 2 people complained and posted pictures of their Seat Heater Pads getting so hot that they burnt right through their seat and left holes in them [emoji47]

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B018...36_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=heated+seat+kit
8a78df85557249ab141571478ae1fc5e.jpg

And believe it or not this wasn't the only cheap kit I read reviews of this happening with. At least 2 or 3 other kits had people complaining that the heated pads burnt a hole in their seat!!! [emoji91] [emoji91] [emoji91]

Not MOPAR but I have a kit saved in my Amazon wishlist. Metra Single Seat Heater with Illume 3 Positions. $27.99. It has good ratings and 2 would set you back $56

I cant remember where I posted it now but I got a set of recall Grand Caravan seat heaters complete less switches for a great (embarrassing) price on ebay. It is not so simple though because the real switches are difficult to find and are nearly impossible to mount in the RAM dash. I successfully tested an alternate switch setup using the round seat heaters switches sourced on Amazon, a couple of diodes and a couple of resistors. The reason that I like this setup is the switch control signal current is low. There is a control box that handles the high amp heater chores.
Sorry for the rambling but if I did not have time and money invested in my current setup I would have gone with the Metra parts and save a few bucks.

I am a little weary of getting a cheap eBay/Amazon kit because of what I mentioned above. [emoji91] [emoji91] [emoji91]

The Mopar kit isn't that great. Well at least the buttons anyway, they're just stick on. Check Corporation makes the kit, so maybe check with them if you're set on the Mopar.

And AllMoparParts.com (a vendor on here) are legit. Benny is a stand up guy.

I will check out that site. I was hoping to buy a set of switches I like and rewire the Mopar kit to work with the switches I buy... unless it has some messed up design that won't allow for any other type of switch, which would be just my luck lol.

coolemoff1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The sojoy and metra all look identical along with check brand
Probably all made at same factory branded differently

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
this is one item i would pony up and get the mopar brand. just get the best price you can.

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
this is one item i would pony up and get the mopar brand. just get the best price you can.
That's what I'm thinking but I would like to know if anyone here has successfully installed the Mopar Heated Seat Kit and modify/swapped out the heated seat buttons for different ones.

JRG18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
I saw them but I'm a little worried because if you look at the same exact kit on Amazon, in the reviews section, 2 people complained and posted pictures of their Seat Heater Pads getting so hot that they burnt right through their seat and left holes in them [emoji47]

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B018...36_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=heated+seat+kit
8a78df85557249ab141571478ae1fc5e.jpg

And believe it or not this wasn't the only cheap kit I read reviews of this happening with. At least 2 or 3 other kits had people complaining that the heated pads burnt a hole in their seat!!! [emoji91] [emoji91] [emoji91]

I am a little weary of getting a cheap eBay/Amazon kit because of what I mentioned above. [emoji91] [emoji91] [emoji91]

I will check out that site. I was hoping to buy a set of switches I like and rewire the Mopar kit to work with the switches I buy... unless it has some messed up design that won't allow for any other type of switch, which would be just my luck lol.

They most definitely get toasty to where I have to turn it off high and maintain just right temp on low but I like that they work so well. Idk about burning through the seat though.

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
They most definitely get toasty to where I have to turn it off high and maintain just right temp on low but I like that they work so well. Idk about burning through the seat though.
Did you tap the power wires straight into your fuse box (if so, which fuse) or did you splice them directly into your 12v Outlet (cig lighter) wires behind the dash?

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Tapped into the cig lighter going into center console.

http://www.ramforum.com/f75/interior_complete-86414/
So you tapped right into the wires themselves? Now did you tap into the 12v down below the radio, that's near the Cupholders or did you tap into the 12v that's in the jump seat console/center console (if you have one)?

Sorry for all the questions... just trying to get different install ideas from other members

JRG18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
So you tapped right into the wires themselves? Now did you tap into the 12v down below the radio, that's near the Cupholders or did you tap into the 12v that's in the jump seat console/center console (if you have one)?

Sorry for all the questions... just trying to get different install ideas from other members

Tapped into the 12v wire below the jump seat and ran it up in to where I mounted the switches following the same wires for the outlet in the console. Mounted the fuses where I could access them as shown in that link I just posted.

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Tapped into the 12v wire below the jump seat and ran it up in to where I mounted the switches following the same wires for the outlet in the console. Mounted the fuses where I could access them as shown in that link I just posted.
My Center console doesn't have a 12v plug :-( i got the cheap ass console with nothing in it lol. Doesn't matter as I plan on swapping my jump seat for a center console as soon as I find one reasonably priced.

Thanks for your help. I'll keep it in mind when I do mine.

JRG18

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
My Center console doesn't have a 12v plug :-( i got the cheap ass console with nothing in it lol. Doesn't matter as I plan on swapping my jump seat for a center console as soon as I find one reasonably priced.

Thanks for your help. I'll keep it in mind when I do mine.

Thinking back now from where I tapped I ran a single 18gauge (I think) wire up into the console then tied in the red wires to the kit at the end of it in there. All depends on where you mount your switches. If they are close together like mine that works or you might have to double tap and run two wires to the switch locations. Could run them under the carpet. Good luck!

Shouldn't have issue tapping into the cig lighter as long as you're not plugging something into it that also has a big amp draw.

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Thinking back now from where I tapped I ran a single 18gauge (I think) wire up into the console then tied in the red wires to the kit at the end of it in there. All depends on where you mount your switches. If they are close together like mine that works or you might have to double tap and run two wires to the switch locations. Could run them under the carpet. Good luck!

Shouldn't have issue tapping into the cig lighter as long as you're not plugging something into it that also has a big amp draw.
I really love where you mounted your switches.... and to think, I sold a 13+ jump seat with the Cupholders about 9 days before I got my 2012... damn I'm kicking myself for selling it. I would have put it in my new truck the night I brought it home.

I'm wondering if I have the wires up under the carpet for the jump seat console. I'll have to check and if so, take my multimeter and see if any are constant power or ignition power. I know alot of rams will have wires ran for features they don't have. Maybe I'll get lucky and the wires will be up under the carpet.

BTW I plan on mounting my switches right velow where the 8spd shift dial is on 13+ for the driverside and the same spot on the passenger side. My truck has 2 little cubby holes with rubber Mats, but there's plenty of room on the face of the dash piece under the cubby holes to mount the switches. Hopefully there's nothing behind it that will not allow me to mount them there. I guess I'll find out when I go to do it lol.

cgeorgemo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I plan on mounting my switches right velow where the 8spd shift dial is on 13+ for the driverside and the same spot on the passenger side. My truck has 2 little cubby holes with rubber Mats, but there's plenty of room on the face of the dash piece under the cubby holes to mount the switches. Hopefully there's nothing behind it that will not allow me to mount them there. I guess I'll find out when I go to do it lol.

The driver's side has a bunch of plastic supports for filling in the place where the 4wd controls go. I ended up putting my switches for both seats on the passenger side.

20150406_142504_zpsm0cayxzt.jpg

I wonder what this button does?

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi
A quick search on google seems to put the best price for the OEM kit at around $275.00. OEM part number 82210896AB

-B-

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I put the OEM kit in it is pretty much plug and play of the 12v and drill some small holes for the wires for the switches, the switches are great very low profile they are high tec to mach the truck well . I like the kit so much I m going to do the same set up in the back seats just got to figure out the placement of the wires

Last edited:

powderbrad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I got the Mopar kit. Can't remember where. 200$ ?

The buttons do simply stick on but they haven't lifted yet.

3 position, easy install with all the wiring finished ( utilizes cig lighter under console). They heat up quick and get hot.

Best seat heaters of anyone I know. Would definitely do it again...can't live without them.

Now for a heated wheel....