Cigarrete Smell, what to do?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So we just got a 2010 Lonestar and it has a bit of a Cigarette odor inside. Its not a whole lot, but we're all Non Smokers and pick it up easily. Any idieas?how do i get rid of it?

BigDogg795

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've heard a good cleaning, windows, carpets, upholstery, the whole 9 works wonders. Follow up with a bowl of vinegar to soak up the rest. At least that's what I've read elsewhere on the net...

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Biggest thing is to have a detail shop clean the headliner.

OP
OP
ivan

ivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well we just got it and they supposedly did a deep cleaning to it and that concerns me that it still smells a bit :-/

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Ask if they did the headliner. I bought a used vehicle years ago that had been smoked in. The detail shop said the water was coming back out black from the headliner

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
An ozone machine will remove the smell completely, but before using that, clean the seats, plastic, and windows. Clean the carpet very well using a non soap based cleaner and then plop the ozone machine in there and it'll remove any lingering smells.

Chris

GreyJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've heard a good cleaning, windows, carpets, upholstery, the whole 9 works wonders. Follow up with a bowl of vinegar to soak up the rest. At least that's what I've read elsewhere on the net...

This.. When my drunk girlfriend puked in my last truck I cleaned it thoroughly, placed a bowl of vinegar close to where she puked, as well as a box of baking soda, let it sit overnight with the windows cracked, smell was gone the next morning.

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'd throw an odor absorber puck under the pass seat and forget about it.
I use them in my garage after smoking cigars to appease my wife, and they keep her happy.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Nothing can remove it completely unless your nose is defective but fabreeze can make a big difference.

$miley

HLram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2007
Engine
Hemi 5.7 in both
i smoke but cant stand the smell of cigarettes. Strange i know. But anyway i am **** about my truck smelling good. I have cleaned work trucks with cig odors before by using a canned cleaner bought at auto parts stores especially made for the air conditioner vents. That may be where the odors are coming from if they smoked with the AC on recirculating. It works by turning ur air on and spraying it into the suction at bottom of dash area and also the fresh air vents under ur windshield. Just ask auto zone or oriellys guys about it and follow the instructions to the tee and it will help alot. ANd the other guys are right the headliner is a big big culprit to holding odors. Good luck