Cloth seats to leather seats upgrade questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mitchcoog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Blacked
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looking at doing a seat swap/upgrade for a 2014 express
I've got the cloth seats with no options on them
I'm sure the seats are a simple bolt on
I've looked and had a tough time finding solid answers but, the power seats just need 12v to function but, are the heated cooled seats a possibility? Need a re flash or a new harness or a no go?

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Not sure, but you'll have to install a power button/switch somewhere for the seats. Probably the least of the concerns though.

OP
OP
M

Mitchcoog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Blacked
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My cloth gen4 seats with jump seat console would fit perfect and only 3.5 hours away!

OP
OP
M

Mitchcoog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Blacked
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Conroe texas
Will be swapping out next week
Front and rear grey less than 1,500 miles with jump seat console

spankis

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Conroe texas
Will be swapping out next week
Front and rear grey less than 1,500 miles with jump seat console

Little too far from me in Ohio! Good luck with your swap though.

Skrap

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie MegaCab 4x4
Engine
My guess to pay the seller to box/crate up and ship UPS freight would cost no more than $350 to Ohio. You may want to take a closer look especially if his offer were reasonable. His seats do seam darn near new.

cfodor

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have sold a ton of 4th gen leather seats and depending on trim level sometimes they are for the most part plug and play if you have a slt or bighorn. Just to get the seat tracks to function it is a power and a ground. The connectors on 13 up trucks are the same on a non power tradesmen to a longhorn. The difference is the amount of wires in the connector. The heat is the hardest part to get to work because it is controlled by the can bus system. I have also had a customer put a set of 13 up seats in a 10. His trucks was already heated and cooled leather he ended up switching the seat harness and putting the 10 harness on the 13 seat and everything worked.

CuylerTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Mega Cab 4x4
Engine
6.7L
You need to tap power for the seat to work. I threw 2013 Sport seats in my express and had to tap the + from the power going to the center console 12V outlet. Takes 5 minutes with crimp connectors. Otherwise it is fine. I will probably be selling my 2013 sport leather/cloth non heat power if you're interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CuylerTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
I have sold a ton of 4th gen leather seats and depending on trim level sometimes they are for the most part plug and play if you have a slt or bighorn. Just to get the seat tracks to function it is a power and a ground. The connectors on 13 up trucks are the same on a non power tradesmen to a longhorn. The difference is the amount of wires in the connector. The heat is the hardest part to get to work because it is controlled by the can bus system. I have also had a customer put a set of 13 up seats in a 10. His trucks was already heated and cooled leather he ended up switching the seat harness and putting the 10 harness on the 13 seat and everything worked.

Cfodor where did you get all your seats from? I tried the dealership but a) price is insane and b) you can't order put together seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HeavyD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 SOHC 5 SP Auto
My truck has cloth seats, drivers is worn out, will be going to auto wreckers to see what I can get.
Mine is Gen3 & I have a 4 prong connector under the drivers seat, I know 2 are for the seatbelt, the other 2 are power & ground, so even if your truck has no power seats like mine, there might be a connector for power already, but for mine no heated seat wires.

cfodor

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I buy seats from a place that has a contract with chrysler they are out of test trucks and lemon law buy backs. I must have sold 150 sets in the past 12 months. I have a ton of longhorns and a couple sets of limited seats.

CuylerTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
I buy seats from a place that has a contract with chrysler they are out of test trucks and lemon law buy backs. I must have sold 150 sets in the past 12 months. I have a ton of longhorns and a couple sets of limited seats.

Could you PM me then? Ill buy one of the sets of limited seats now.

2015er

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L Pentastar and proud
Looking at doing a seat swap/upgrade for a 2014 express
I've got the cloth seats with no options on them
I'm sure the seats are a simple bolt on
I've looked and had a tough time finding solid answers but, the power seats just need 12v to function but, are the heated cooled seats a possibility? Need a re flash or a new harness or a no go?

Take my advice and go to the Katskin webpage as they allow you to custom build your seats. You can get a ton of different leather surfaces adn colors varying the color schemes and trim colors, you can get massage units, heating and cooling (provided that the truck was originally equipped that way). You can also get officially licensed embossing - Ram symbols, Hemi symbols etc. The cost depending on how many bells and whistles you specify can range between $800 and $1,300 for two seats - combined total cost. The seats are factory replacements - they will bolt right in and match right up

cfodor

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
there is a big difference in fit and finish between oem leather seats and a set of covers. I have seen katskins intalled and look good but they always look a little off compared to a oem leather seat. I can sell someone a complete set of oem leather seats with a floor console for $1800 I know i am not as cheap as a set of covers but you pay for what you get.

kcbigbadram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
there is a big difference in fit and finish between oem leather seats and a set of covers. I have seen katskins intalled and look good but they always look a little off compared to a oem leather seat. I can sell someone a complete set of oem leather seats with a floor console for $1800 I know i am not as cheap as a set of covers but you pay for what you get.

You ever get mega cab seats?

cfodor

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
yes but not as often as i get crew cab seats

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine

You wouldn't happen to have just a drivers seat with heat/cooled?\
I think I have charcoal/black interior.
Mines starting to rip on the side.

cfodor

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I do not and if i did it would not match all my stuff is 13 and up now and they color on a 13 up seat is a little different then a 9-12 . You might want try getting a company like color glo or fibernew to come out and repair your seat.You would be surprised how good the results are

johnts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Any chance you have a '14 Big Horn 40/20/40 in grey with a power driver seat, and heated seats. I'd imagine the '13's and '15's are the same. I can send my VIN if that helps.