Cluster plexiglass removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cody4130

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys new to the forum but have been lurking since I bought my truck in April. I just bought the premium cluster for my express and the clear plastic "plexiglass" on the front arrived cracked due to being poorly packaged :( I thankfully got a refund but want to finish the install.
FYI The bezels are different from standard to premium clusters and are not interchangeable so I need to separate the clear front from the black bezel. Saw some people said they did it and I was wondering how??? It seems to be bonded somehow. I've used my broken one as a Guinea pig and tried heat, no good the clear glass deforms before the glue melts. I've also tried a razor knife also no good plastic is too hard to cut easily. Is there a secret or should I just get out the Dremel and cut from behind? Or see if I can buy just the bezel from the dealer without losing my A$$

I plan on doing a "How too" after I get the clear plastic off and just to clarify I'm not talking about the front part that un-clips I'm talking about just the clear plastic part.

You can see the difference in the inner bezels in the photo. The clear part is the same on both.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 214
OP
OP
C

cody4130

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
After going to the dealership a new premium bezel with lens is only $44. Decided that's well worth it and ordered one instead of fighting with the lens. Anyone having a scratched cluster should probably just go this route unless your super cheap.

BlkXpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Any way to pull out that silver ram logo or the rest of the silver?

I want to paint mine...

OP
OP
C

cody4130

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Seems possible. They are held in with several small pegs that are glued from the back with a green glue. I don't think I got a pic of the back before I put it back together while I wait for my new bezel and lens to come in. From the looks of it they could possibly be heated and pushed out or even gently drilled with a small bit.

If you want one to test removing them so you don't mess your up I can ship you my cracked one one next week for the shipping cost and a gallon of gas. :favorites13:

BlkXpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I might actually take you up on that.... My new one is being shipped to me, so let me take a look at it and I will let you know if I want the cracked one to toy with.

OP
OP
C

cody4130

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Part number 2AC80931800

OP
OP
C

cody4130

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Picked up my new lens today if anyone wants the damaged one to tinker with let me know.

240billy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hey guys new to the forum but have been lurking since I bought my truck in April. I just bought the premium cluster for my express and the clear plastic "plexiglass" on the front arrived cracked due to being poorly packaged :( I thankfully got a refund but want to finish the install.
FYI The bezels are different from standard to premium clusters and are not interchangeable so I need to separate the clear front from the black bezel. Saw some people said they did it and I was wondering how??? It seems to be bonded somehow. I've used my broken one as a Guinea pig and tried heat, no good the clear glass deforms before the glue melts. I've also tried a razor knife also no good plastic is too hard to cut easily. Is there a secret or should I just get out the Dremel and cut from behind? Or see if I can buy just the bezel from the dealer without losing my A$$

I plan on doing a "How too" after I get the clear plastic off and just to clarify I'm not talking about the front part that un-clips I'm talking about just the clear plastic part.

You can see the difference in the inner bezels in the photo. The clear part is the same on both.
I know this post is an old one but I need to get that bezel mine is cracked and really bugging me where did you get it from

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I know this post is an old one but I need to get that bezel mine is cracked and really bugging me where did you get it from

The OP hasn't been on the forum since Christmas Day, 2014.

240billy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
The OP hasn't been on the forum since Christmas Day, 2014.
Damn I really need some help finding that bezel I was thinking I was gonna have to replace the whole cluster or try and get just the lens

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Well, a new or used cluster or bezel is not out of the question. You might have to buy a used cluster just to get the bezel.

What I'd do is contact some auto recyclers in your area, possibly out to 150 - 200 miles from you. See what they have.

Also Google the part description.

240billy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Well, a new or used cluster or bezel is not out of the question. You might have to buy a used cluster just to get the bezel.

What I'd do is contact some auto recyclers in your area, possibly out to 150 - 200 miles from you. See what they have.

Also Google the part description.
Yea that part number isn’t finding me anything ima gonna check at the dealer like the op said he got his from and see what they say cause the whole cluster is 900 and I have to get hrs and mileage changed to match