Condensation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Samsonlabs

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Black
Engine
5.7 Hemi
OK as alot of you have been through the ol "shoddy weatherstripping around the 3rd breaklight" and fixed it, I got a question. Ever since I figured out what was leaking and had it fixed my truck has had a condensation problem on the outside of the windows. Its been far too long since I fixed it and it hasnt leaked since but everytime I get in the truck and crank the AC in hot weather my side windows and the entire back glass fogs over so bad you cant see through it. I realize it has to do with the AC hitting against the hot glass, humidity etc etc, I just dont know why it never did it before the leak, and why it continues to do so after so long a time since I fixed the leak. Any of you have this problem? Any suggestions on a fix or possible workaround? I am thinking of cleaning the windows with RainX but past experiences showed me that it made the fogging worse. Absolutely drives me crazy that I live not 2 minutes from work and by the time I get in my driveway I cant see thru the glass to back in my garage safely....:banghead:

OP
OP
Samsonlabs

Samsonlabs

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Black
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Is your carpet dry ? think I would check that first.

Oh yea...it been almost 7 or 8 months since the leak fix plus many many days of 80°+ heat and I left the truck out in the sun for hours with the doors etc open. Its dry as a bone.

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
I had a moisture issue in the past, I put a product called damp rid, I put one under consol and one on back seat. Couple months later no more moisture issues.

And to add, I've removed almost 3 gallons of water from those damp rid containers.

It also felt dry in cab but apparently not so give it a shot, they are cheap, 2$ I bought ten and used 6 out of 10 over about 3or4 months and now it's really dry as a bone...

OP
OP
Samsonlabs

Samsonlabs

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Black
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well as I said I dont have any moisture issues inside anymore, it's on the outside only..in fact, I dont have any at all on the inside. I just found it weird that I never had the problem until I had the leak which in itself was never that bad, I never had puddles in the floor or anything just noticed the headliner was damp one day after I went thru a carwash and then had it fixed....eh well maybe the RainX had evolved somewhat..we'll try that and see