Converting to Power Windows & Locks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Welp... I'm really shocked that Dodge still makes a truck w/o power windows and locks. When I went to look at my current truck I kinda went... :wtf:

But I've had plenty of other trucks without power, and thought :manos: no biggie.

Well, It's starting to annoy me little by little. I'm debating ordering the lock actuators, window regulators, door panels and window switches.

I highly doubt it, but has anyone else on here done this?

2K10HemiRam

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Hometown: Tacoma, WA Stationed: Alamogordo NM
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You'd think in todays day and age, everything would at least have power windows. As far as I know, I don't think anyone else has done it. It'd be a good opportunity to make a DIY on it though if you do it.

jlb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
It shouldn't be too challenging since all the parts just need to be purchased, mostly just time consuming.

Oh ya, and don't fall into any rivers while you are on your way to the dealer to get the ECU flashed lol. I am of course assuming you need a flash for electric window, and lock support since everything runs through the computer these days.

OP
OP
WhiteExpress

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yea, that's kind of my thought as well. I'll be in the big city this Friday, conveniently near a dealership. (the one I bought my truck from in fact)

I think I'll have to swing by and get some PNs and prices. As much as I'd love to buy it all at once, I think I'm likely looking at over a thousand for the whole mess.

jlb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
junkyard?

Dale_K

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've seen a kit to create power windows that uses the stock manual crank system and adds a power drive mechanism to spin the old hand crank shaft with a motor. I thought about doing this on my old GMC that had manual windows. My plan was to do it only on the passenger side window, since I could obviously reach the crank OK on the driver's door. At least I'd be able to wind down the other side window while driving. I never did it and traded for the RAM a few months ago.

Power Windows and Power Window Kits

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
i bought an ebay power door lock with keyless entry kit for $50, simple easy install, took about 3-4 hours, and not a single glitch out of it so far, had it 6 months now

Rico

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 1500 Quad 4x2 Express
Engine
5.7 Hemi
WE, did ya give it a go?

Curious whether you tried the power conversion or not.

I was considering a barebones Tradesman model w/o the power windows and locks before I saw the blow-out sale (thank you end of model year) that got me a whole lot more truck for the same $.

There's that old-school opinion that it's two fewer things to break. Not sure what the general quality of Chrysler/RAM's power window mechanisms are. Guess I'll find out...

keg184

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had the same problem. I used Auto Lock system of door locks. I was going to get the parts for door locks from the dealer, but these doors are not wired for door locks and power windows. I have had the auto lock system in for almost a year and no problems. The hardest part was fishing the wires from the door to the interior.