Crack in seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clancaster23

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 1500 Bighorn
Engine
I noticed a few days ago that I have a small crack in my drivers seat. I have the vinyl seats that have the mesh-like centers in the seat part. The crack is about an inch away from the mesh and it's about two inches long. Is there any way to get this repaired or will I have to start looking for a new seat before it gets too bad?

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Some upholstery shops can fix cracks in the seats if they are too bad.... might check if you have any local to you.

ADUBIS

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
If its in the vinyl, you can get a repair kit from your local parts store. The repair process isnt too time consuming but mixing the colors to blend properly can be a bit tricky. Overall not hard to do. Ive fixed hundreds of motorcycle seats with small holes and tears.
You do need to be careful because the repair involves heating a small iron to the right temperature to harden the material over the crack. If you get it too hot, you will burn right through your seat. Just takes a few tries to get the temperature right. If you dont get it right, the material can be removed and you just start over again.
The repair will not be 100% invisible like the pictures on the package but at least the crack wont get any worse for awhile.

mustangRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I noticed a few days ago that I have a small crack in my drivers seat. I have the vinyl seats that have the mesh-like centers in the seat part. The crack is about an inch away from the mesh and it's about two inches long. Is there any way to get this repaired or will I have to start looking for a new seat before it gets too bad?
What year is the truck. I have the same seats on my 2016. Just good to know what to expect. Did you condition the seats at all.

mustangRAM

OP
OP
C

Clancaster23

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 1500 Bighorn
Engine
Mine is a '12. I didn't get it new though, got it a year ago. Cleaned it head to toe when I got it and didn't notice it then so it either slipped by me or happened within the year. I don't think the previous owner took very good care of the interior. I scrubbed for a while before I got all the crap off. Looks like new now except for this small crack. There's an automotive upholstery shop less than a mile down the road from me. I may check in there and see what they can do.

fastbike02

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
on my old truck I had a local shop replace the side bolster bc the leather had wore down, it cost me 125 bucks if i remember correctly and you couldn't tell it had ever been done