Crew Cab owners with Dogs....what seat cover you using?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jcat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Like the title says, thinking I need to upgrade my seat cover. Right now I'm using the one I previously had for the back seat of a sedan and it's not wide enough for the back of my CC. It's also not a hammock style, which I think would be advantageous for the truck to give my big guy some more real estate without falling down.

I love the idea of the Carhartt ones but they aren't shipping until late October and it's close to $200 just for the back seat cover.

Duluth has one that looks pretty nice and isn't crazy money but I'll have to measure the seat when I get a chance to make sure the cover will be big enough (62" L x 56" W).

Anyone have other recommendations? I have a 2014 CC without fold flat.

dkmesa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a kurgo cover from amazon from my Infiniti that I am yet to try in the CC. I usually just fold the seat bottoms up and the floor out and throw down a moving blanket.

My dad has the hammock style in his mega cab, though. I like that because it keeps our dog from slobbering all over the center console and allows him to move from the seat to the floor if he wants.

2014StormTrooper

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Longhorn 4x4 2003 LY Evo VIII ER Built 2.2L
Engine
6.7 CTD / 4G63
i dont let my dog in my truck haha damn German Shep is too HAIRRRYYYYYY

OP
OP
J

jcat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
i dont let my dog in my truck haha damn German Shep is too HAIRRRYYYYYY

haha I have a 95lb chocolate lab and believe me, spring and fall I get enough hair shed off of him to build another dog :roflsquared:

Sixxram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
haha I have a 95lb chocolate lab and believe me, spring and fall I get enough hair shed off of him to build another dog :roflsquared:

I have a 70lb Chocolate as well. Unreal how much he's shedding right now!! I'm not planning in letting him ride for a while.

cgeorgemo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
80lb Irish Setter.....she sheds enough to make a Chihuahua every week.
I throw and old king size comforter in the back seat for trips to the vet or grooming. It doesn't happen but maybe once a month so I didn't want to buy something special.

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I used a king size flat sheet.
I use 2 small bungees wrapped around the head rest supports to hold it up.
Take it out and wash it after every trip. It works wonderfully.

I spent a lot of time looking at offered products and never found anything I really cared for.

luigi1285

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
crates securely strapped in the bed! no mess no hair cab stays clean.

A05GSHO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I have a cap on mine with a BedRug in it and the interior of the cap is carpeted to match as well I throw a dog bed in the back and my dog is good to go.

mjd91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Fold the seats up, fold-flat floor down, and an old blanket or comforter to cover everything up.

She rides in the back 99% of the time but she rides inside on longer trips.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
^^^^^ I think it might be just as easy to get a fold flat floor and put something on it--I used a large piece of foam and the "boss" made a slip cover for it thats washable or you could get a x-large bath towel and put over the floor. With 2 Border Collies I know something about hair in the truck----and tongue marks on the inside of the windows and drull(sp) on the console----but I still love'm.
Jay

mjd91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
^^^^^ I think it might be just as easy to get a fold flat floor and put something on it--I used a large piece of foam and the "boss" made a slip cover for it thats washable or you could get a x-large bath towel and put over the floor. With 2 Border Collies I know something about hair in the truck----and tongue marks on the inside of the windows and drull(sp) on the console----but I still love'm.
Jay

There was a fella on here that ordered a nice pillow/mattress with cover that was custom made for the back flat floor. Looked awesome and I would do something like that too if she rode back there often.

The nose spots on the window are a given lol. Mine have lines from front to back after a trip.

I use the blanket because the seat bottoms are carpeted and hair sticks to it like crazy.

2014StormTrooper

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Longhorn 4x4 2003 LY Evo VIII ER Built 2.2L
Engine
6.7 CTD / 4G63
haha my german shep sheds enough to make another dog her size! shes about 80lbs and just over a year old

Jarhead57

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 4x4 CC Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My Springers love to leave "doggie art" on the windows..lol - I use a cover that was made to go on a large couch...covers the whole seat including the sides with the arm rest part. I sewed on loops to put over the head rests to hold it up.

StevoTee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Check out canine covers, they are custom fit to each vehicle they make, are customizable to whatever color you want... really good quality.

I have one in my Ram and in the wife's Forester.

Ram14Stud

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 !!!!
I keep my dog in the best spot !...all for him.... this is honestly one of the reasons I went with getting a pickup...

I used to have an SUV and holy****....dog haired filled up the rig !...

Attachments

• IMG_20140507_193300.jpg
    IMG_20140507_193300.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 67
Reactions: jlb

cgeorgemo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I keep my dog in the best spot !...all for him.... this is honestly one of the reasons I went with getting a pickup...

I used to have an SUV and holy****....dog haired filled up the rig !...

That is one nice looking dog you have there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

luigi1285

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
i came across this the other day http://www.puphut.com looks like if ya dont have a cap would be a good option to keep the elements off of them a bit. i might pick one up i think the crates would fit nicely under it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye