Difference's in Seats per year? Heating & cooling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JRust

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I'm seeing conflicting things in looking for seats. On ebay they say 09-16 seats are the same. So is that the case. Will 2010 Laramie seats be heated & cooled? Will the wiring be correct? Is the only issue going to be the actual plugs. Wonder if someone here knows the differences & wouldn't mind doing a DIY thread that list the years of seats. Then what years are direct bolt in.

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Heated and ventilated seats exist from 09 on. All the 4th gen seats will physically bolt into any 4th gen truck.

However, the electrical compatibility is something I have been wondering about myself. In 2013 the trucks were updated to the new PowerNet architecture that completely changed the way all the modules interact. For that reason, I am leaning toward the old seat modules being incompatible with the newer trucks. It's possible that the pinouts are all the same and you'd just need a newer module. I haven't checked this and have been sticking to 13+ seats to be safe.

Avgas

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
09-12 seats do not have airbags

OP
OP
J

JRust

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Exactly and that will likely cause serious issues.

Ah I thought that was right. I've got a guy selling some from a 2010 but says they have air bags. That is where my confusion is. So he is either wrong about them having air bags. Or he is wrong about the year they came out of?

OP
OP
J

JRust

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Or he is just lying to you to make a sale?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes that could be true as well. I'm close to my max bid anyway. So I'll hope someone will outbid me. If not I will just ask him to let me out of it as he misrepresented them. I did send him a question asking for clarification. I don't see ebay giving me any problems if it was misrepresented

cptwing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 3500 ST DRW REG CAB
Engine
6.4l Hemi
I would not either, but I once bought an RA4 off s crook on EBAY. He stated it was from a Ram clearly so. Well it was from a Cherokee and the part numbers are different. I fought it EBAY sided with him and closed the case! Difference was I had already paid this jerk! Lucky for me it worked in the Ram anyway. But I still was super pissed.

OP
OP
J

JRust

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I would not either, but I once bought an RA4 off s crook on EBAY. He stated it was from a Ram clearly so. Well it was from a Cherokee and the part numbers are different. I fought it EBAY sided with him and closed the case! Difference was I had already paid this jerk! Lucky for me it worked in the Ram anyway. But I still was super pissed.
I will be sure not to pay for them. I have perfect feedback for hundreds of transactions over the years. I'm not overly worried if he gives me grief about it. I'm still pretty sure someone will outbid me

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Ah I thought that was right. I've got a guy selling some from a 2010 but says they have air bags. That is where my confusion is. So he is either wrong about them having air bags. Or he is wrong about the year they came out of?

It's easy to tell what year they're from. 09-12 have the Ram's Head logo embossed and 13+ have the Laramie logo instead.

OP
OP
J

JRust

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
It's easy to tell what year they're from. 09-12 have the Ram's Head logo embossed and 13+ have the Laramie logo instead.

Nice! Yep ram's head on it so definitely the older set

OP
OP
J

JRust

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Tan ones on the red floor? I saw them a few days ago.

Yeah those are the ones. I only bid up to $550 originally. Figured I could go higher but now knowing they aren't what I need. Hope someone else outbids me ;)

Rth_2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My 2012 slt seats had airbags