Do laramies and sports have more seat bolstering?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

garner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well after riding in my friend's laramie tonight I realized that the seats kind of encompass the headrest some and I had never noticed that before(maybe I had in my R/T but didn't pay much attention, idk) whereas on the outdoorsman and below the seat is flat all the way across where the headrest connects.

So I was wondering if the sports and laramies have more side bolstering than the lower trim levels? Or is it just another upper trim level design difference like the soft touch dashboard?

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yes. Or perhaps just a different design than the Express / Outdoorsman seats.
I am very unimpressed the the stock Express seats.

Alex

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Mustang GT
Engine
I haven't even been in a 4th gen other than my Laramie, but I absolutely love the seats in it. They do seem to have a LOT of bolstering in them

Last edited:
OP
OP
garner

garner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes. Or perhaps just a different design than the Express / Outdoorsman seats.
I am very unimpressed the the stock Express seats.

Same here, I have to hold on to my center console during hard turning so I don't go sliding. Wish I remembered how the bolsters were on my R/T

I haven't even been in a 4th gen other than my Laramie, but I absolutely love the seats in it. They do seem to have a LOT of bolstering in them

Yeah that makes me think that the sport and laramie do have more bolstering. Cause these ones look like they have some but once you sit in the seat it's just non existent. Wish I remembered how the bolster were in my R/T but that was like 16 months ago

mattman_13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Ram has two levels of bucket seats. The bucket seats are the ones where the back of the seat is flat and the head rest is on top of it. The sport bucket seats have higher sides with the head rest recessed downward. Hope that helps.

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
These are the Laramie and Sport seats. Other models may use them as well. Sport seats are only available in black.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-05-16 at 9.33.53 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-05-16 at 9.33.53 AM.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 95
OP
OP
garner

garner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah I know what they look like(had them in my R/T) just wondering if the side bolster on them is actually more than the bolster on the lower level rams or if it's just a design difference with no added benefit

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Yeah I know what they look like(had them in my R/T) just wondering if the side bolster on them is actually more than the bolster on the lower level rams or if it's just a design difference with no added benefit

Yes I know... My goal was to show them to people with the other seats and see if they agree that they're more or the same.

From what I can see from the Express to the Laramie or Sport, is that the bolstering IS larger and goes up higher. The seats are much more robust looking IMO.

Last edited:
OP
OP
garner

garner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Gotcha

I'm tempted to take a tape measure to my friend's Laramie sometime lol. But I'm with you, the bolstering definitely looks more to me in the Laramie and sport

dsw1519

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
HEMI 5.7 8 Spd.
Gotcha

I'm tempted to take a tape measure to my friend's Laramie sometime lol. But I'm with you, the bolstering definitely looks more to me in the Laramie and sport

I believe you are correct.

S2kiHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Cloth
Ram-1500-Ft-Seating-2013.jpg

Leather seats
2011-dodge-ram-3500-laramie-longhorn-crew-cab-4x4-driver-seat.jpg

Looks like the leather seats have a little more bolstering near the shoulders.