Do you use a Sun Shade / Deflector?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

UDCentaur

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Do any of you use these? I have black interior and it gets HOT.

Another member said he has http://www.autoanything.com/driving-accessories/60A5833A0A0.aspx?vehiclemakename=Chevy&vehiclemodelname=Nova&kc=AFFCJ&mr:trackingCode=CE3CA4BF-B333-E011-BE45-001517384908&mr:referralID=NA

For $50 or so...there is also a cover craft custom fit one.

Walmart special is a lot less but are not custom fit like above.

Just wondering who else uses them and what they got/how they like them.

Thanks all!

RogueStatus

Reaction score
I use a cover craft after much research. It's thick and absorbs some heat. Custom cut and folds away nicely. Solid rating on Amazon as you can see. Heavy Duty stuff and will last a long time [emoji106]
66fbc37417b26313bb0d5cd5f4d75b97.jpg

charcoal1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I use one from Auto heat shield. Have one for our Accord and bought one for my mom's Camry down in Arizona. They are custom cut vehicle specific. The fit is amazing. In Sonoma county it works great. I was most impressed with my mom using in Arizona. Could not touch the steering wheel in June with a Walmart one. With this one you could touch the steering wheel. I was most impressed with the company and always recommend when the topic comes up.
Sunshade for Dodge: Ram 1500 or Ram Hybrid: 2009-2016 Auto Heat Shield

Customer service was great also I had made an error when I ordered my mom's called them and the phone service was top notch which is so rare in this day.

firemedic10584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I always use one. I just use the Walmart special ones, but they have always done me good. It keeps it cooler and protects the interior. I keep one up in my assigned FD car as well to help keep the heat out. It gets quite hot here in Florida lol.

spoon059

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
I use the pop up style shades. Way easier to use, way easier to store. That helps to reflect a lot of heat out. Someone mentioned absorbing heat... that's incorrect and you don't wanna do that!

Reflecting heat out of the windows is good, but combine that with some window vent visors so you allow air to circulate and really keep temps down.

AFMoulton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I use one from Auto heat shield. Have one for our Accord and bought one for my mom's Camry down in Arizona. They are custom cut vehicle specific. The fit is amazing. In Sonoma county it works great. I was most impressed with my mom using in Arizona. Could not touch the steering wheel in June with a Walmart one. With this one you could touch the steering wheel. I was most impressed with the company and always recommend when the topic comes up.

Customer service was great also I had made an error when I ordered my mom's called them and the phone service was top notch which is so rare in this day.

This is what I have used in my cars for the past 5 years. It works great, worked awesome in San Antonio heat, and it fits just right. There is a noticeable difference to me, at least, when I use it or when I don't. Keeps the leather in the wife's car from catching my ass on fire.

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I find limo/5% tint does a very good job at keeping things comfy, just make sure you point your nose to the north or east and all will be fine.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the Auto Heat Shield, and the thing is WELL worth the extra money for shade. It fits like a glove and keeps the heat out extremely well. The Florida sun is brutal, and it is a life saver.

z28th1s

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Thanks for the info!

I just ordered one for my truck.

cwelch48

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have one as well, custom fit from Weathertech. Works like a charm! Cools my leather and interior by 10-20 degrees during these hot Texas summer days

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
In AZ it's not an option.

Makes a huge difference if one is used or not.

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just use the Wal-Mart special visor in our cars... the foil looking one. That, and window tint made a HUGE difference in interior temps during the summer. For $6 or $7 they work great.

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just use the Wal-Mart special visor in our cars... the foil looking one. That, and window tint made a HUGE difference in interior temps during the summer. For $6 or $7 they work great.

This is what I have also.

firebuff17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just got the cover craft one over the weekend. So far works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-B-

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I do use one I do see a major difference with out using it it also save you ac as the car is not as hot I have seen 20-30 difference when using in direct sun light

RubberFrog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a circular pop up one I have been using on my last three trucks. It's a life saver.

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Bought one, but ever since I put 80% tint on my windshield I never need it. Truck gets hot on the inside, but nothing crazy.