Do you use a Sun Shade / Deflector?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matt.davidson09

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 RAM 2500 Laramie Mega Cab
Engine
6.7L Cummins
You guys are tinting your windshields?? :-|

...what's it look like at night time? :)

BigA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi Etorque
I have a sunshade I bought, but I only used it once when I parked my truck for a week in the summer. Just to much of a hassle to put up and down.

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
You guys are tinting your windshields?? :-|

...what's it look like at night time? :)

Jesus....tint the windshield?..lol. Just put a 8x4 sheet of plywood up instead.

Yes and no.

Technically, it's called window film, not tint. It's legal, and it doesn't make much of a difference at all on the windshield. It's nearly impossible to see the difference between my windshield with the 80% tint vs. a normal windshield. Even a windshield without anything on it won't pass 100% of light through it. More or less it's a UV barrier with a little bit of light rejection.

OP
OP
U

UDCentaur

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
I use one from Auto heat shield. Have one for our Accord and bought one for my mom's Camry down in Arizona. They are custom cut vehicle specific. The fit is amazing. In Sonoma county it works great. I was most impressed with my mom using in Arizona. Could not touch the steering wheel in June with a Walmart one. With this one you could touch the steering wheel. I was most impressed with the company and always recommend when the topic comes up.
Sunshade for Dodge: Ram 1500 or Ram Hybrid: 2009-2016 Auto Heat Shield

Customer service was great also I had made an error when I ordered my mom's called them and the phone service was top notch which is so rare in this day.

Got one of these for my ram and one for my wife suv...they work really well and are definitely custom fit. A lot better than Walmart special...get what you pay for!

1SilverBullet2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn 8 speed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a jumbo size sun shade from oreillys for like $25 or so bucks. Can't remember the company's name was earlier this summer but it fits perfectly height wise but is a little wide. Still blocks the whole windshield and I don't care what the shield looks like lol the corners get bent a little from leaving it up in the windshield

Sent from the howitzer

BighornJoe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I have a covercraft and I like it a lot. You get what you pay for the fit is very good and it seems very durable.

EJR_3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Literally just placed an order on autoheatshield. I don't drive my truck too often, but this will help when I do being out here in Vegas. Thanks guys.

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
Bought an inter something, didn't fit very good, so returned it for a covercraft and love the way it fits.

Thinking of getting that Ram one though too.

let me know how the fit is, would you?