DODGE on the dash?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

truckin88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Why does my 2012 still say DODGE on the center top tray of the dash. I thought that they had made Ram it's own brand, just wondering. It says it no where else on the truck.

OP
OP
T

truckin88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
dont care, just was curious, honestly RAM as a seperate brand is somewhat dumb, that is like F-Series, Silverado, Sierra all leaving their parent brands. It is still at Dodge dealers. To me it is a dodge ram.

Silverbullet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
they seperated the companies to keep the truck line out of the bail out. or at least thats what they told me at the dealership.

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
dont care, just was curious, honestly RAM as a seperate brand is somewhat dumb, that is like F-Series, Silverado, Sierra all leaving their parent brands. It is still at Dodge dealers. To me it is a dodge ram.

Actually it was a really smart move...
They did it incase Dodge(exanple:pontiac) went under there would still be Ram trucks

300MAG

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't care what the dash says, but what ****** me off when shopping for stuff online when selecting your vehicle some list it as ram and some list it as dodge.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Miami Son

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Cab
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Dodge trucks have been associated with the Ram moniker for a very long time. Longer than I've been alive and I'm 53.

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Dealers around me are Ram dealers, say it in their commercials and have signs and everything

Dodge has only been using the Ram name since '81

garner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I consider the R/T and the new truck both dodge rams and always will. Some dealers around here say dodge, jeep, chrysler, ram and some just say dodge, chrysler, jeep

MidnightRambler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I was just commenting on this on another post... I think it was stupid they split the brands. I'm still pissed that my Challenger doesn't have the Ram badge anywhere on it because it's a 2011. And the new Dodge logo is pretty damn ugly. As long as they keep making Rams, I'll keep calling them Dodges. And as long as Dodge keeps making muscle cars, I will still wish it had a Ram emblem. (Sighs and calmly steps down from his soapbox) :beatdeadhorse5:

LoneStar210

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't care what the dash says, but what ****** me off when shopping for stuff online when selecting your vehicle some list it as ram and some list it as dodge.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Yes I've noticed that too. I usually scroll down looking for RAM and when it doesn't exist, have to scroll back up to dodge. Kinda annoying

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I was just commenting on this on another post... I think it was stupid they split the brands. I'm still pissed that my Challenger doesn't have the Ram badge anywhere on it because it's a 2011. And the new Dodge logo is pretty damn ugly. As long as they keep making Rams, I'll keep calling them Dodges. And as long as Dodge keeps making muscle cars, I will still wish it had a Ram emblem. (Sighs and calmly steps down from his soapbox) :beatdeadhorse5:

Its funny though, they really shouldn't have any
My dads '70 challenger doesn't have one on it anywhere but it has the pentastar logo in a few different places
The car has been sitting for some time and I'll have to look at it but I think I might have dodge written out in one place, and I could be mistaken on that even(it might say challenger and I'm just not remembering right)