Does anyone know where the air intake is for HVAC on 2017?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
My heater stinks like smoke when I crank it on. Maybe this is due to smoking near my truck while it heats up and having smoke enter the intake in the engine bay.

I want to purchase the air refresher spray but not sure where the intake is under the hood.

Any help would be great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If it is like the 3rd Gens it is with the hood closed, up by the wipers on the cowl. (between the windshield and the hood)

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Geno's Garage sells a filter kit that mounts on the cowl under the hood.

Also, depending on the year, you may have a cabin air filter that needs replacing. It is located on the firewall behind the glove box.

Greg
2012 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | Custom tuned by Double R Diesel
2016 | Heartland Pioneer | DS310

OP
OP
Addicted2fishing

Addicted2fishing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I took Lysol spray and sprayed into the air intakes with the heat cranked. The inside of my truck filled up with garden after rain LOL. Rain the heat with windows down for a bit. I’ll likely have to drive around for a bit with windows down. As for the cabin filter I don’t think it needs replacing with only 12000 kilometres on the ODO [emoji12]

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I took Lysol spray and sprayed into the air intakes with the heat cranked. The inside of my truck filled up with garden after rain LOL. Rain the heat with windows down for a bit. I’ll likely have to drive around for a bit with windows down. As for the cabin filter I don’t think it needs replacing with only 12000 kilometres on the ODO [emoji12]

If the filter smells like cigarette/cigar smoke, it may be a good/cheap thing to replace.

travelinty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If the filter smells like cigarette/cigar smoke, it may be a good/cheap thing to replace.

Cabin air filter is one of the cheapest things you will replace on that truck. And only takes five minutes to pop in and out

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
Cabin air filter is one of the cheapest things you will replace on that truck. And only takes five minutes to pop in and out

agreed, and it gets dirtier than you would think it would.