Door chime

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cullen17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Is there any way to get rid of the door chime? I've noticed it a lot when i'm cleaning the inside of my truck and my drivers door is open. Even with the radio on i can still hear that damn chime...

Sweetee

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I know you can eliminate the seat belt chime, but have never heard of a procedure for cancelling the "key in ignition" chime other than finding the chime and removing it completely. Good luck.

Mr.Asmith9

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
Engine
6.4L V8 Hemi
Turn your car to on, or run, or whatever they call it now a days (just before you actually start it) your heater and everything else should work in that position as well. In this position the vehicle shouldn't chime for having the door open and the key in.

Hope this helps.

SafetyMan43

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Buy a portable stereo.

Seriously, it takes me less than 30 minutes to clean the interior of my truck, incouding full detail, all vinyl ets... I can do without music for 30 minutes.

tmerritt530

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
287 ci
Take a screwdriver and "latch" the door. Just remember to pull the handle to reset it before trying to close it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GW55

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport QC
Engine
Hemi, 5.7
^^ Like the above post, I just manually close the latch on the drivers door while its open. That will silence the door chime while the door is open. Just be careful to not close the door till you unlatch it first by pulling your door handle. I like to listen to XM/Sirius also while cleaning.

OP
OP
cullen17

cullen17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Buy a portable stereo.

Seriously, it takes me less than 30 minutes to clean the interior of my truck, incouding full detail, all vinyl ets... I can do without music for 30 minutes.

I honestly could care less if you can do without music for 30minutes. Its the fact that i WANT to listen to the radio while i clean mine.

TBTn7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm thinking if the door switch(s) were jumpered (thinks it's latched) it would stop the chiming and would also allow the vehicle to move with the driver door open. Should also disable the interior and mirror lights coming on when the door is opened. My 2001 Ford Expedition has a fused rocker switch installed into the fuse socket that sends power to the relay that controls all this. No chiming and no lights until I flip the switch. The down side to this is when disabled, no power windows, no rear air controls and no rear window wiper. I wanted to just jumper the driver door switch but it's hard to get to and the rocker switch was easy.

17CrewCab1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I did this on my 2007 Mega cab.

I took the door panel off and threw a inline button switch in line with the ground wire to the latch. Mounted the switch in the door panel map pocket area.

When I wanted to listen to the radio with the doors open, I just flipped the switch and the ding stopped.

The interior lights won't come on with it open and the switch on.. but once it's a closed circuit again.. acts normal.

TBTn7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't want the interior lights coming on unless I turn them on. Thanks for the reply.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
There is a fuse in the Gen 2 fuse box inside the cab that will disable the key in ignition chime, unfortunately it also disables the radio and the dome lights. It will however allow you to leave the door open with the key in the ignition if you are working on the truck and not have the annoying warning. I use it all the time. Also handy at early light so some dome lights buzzer etc doesn't come on when you open the door.

Fergusontd

FTD
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you have Sirius XM radio download the Sirius App on your phone and plug phone in a USB always hot outlet.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Buy and Alexa for the garage? That is what I do. I know you can disable the seat belt chime, but I havent heard of the door chime being able to be deleted. It is annoying AF.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you have Sirius XM radio download the Sirius App on your phone and plug phone in a USB always hot outlet.
I have a subscription to xm through the app and it plays through my Alexa.