Door Panel Trim Upholstery Removal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ollie770

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
The rectangular upholstered section on the door panel some damageday by a drop of ink. It's the vinyl type of material. Can just this part be removed and a new piece ordered from the dealer? Or is it not removable and I have to get a whole new door panel?

Attachments

• 101494281.jpg
    101494281.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 53

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
? Seems like something that could be removed with a dab of lacquer thinner. (The ink)

Just throwing out a suggestion while you wait for the answer.

OP
OP
O

ollie770

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Was hoping it would come off. Used a car cleaning wipe about 5 min after it happened. Got most of it but there is blue ink left in the texture of the vinyl. I tried water and dawn soap, hair spray, nothing would get the remaining ink. Now I have slightly faded the damaged area either from scrubbing it or the cleaners. Was leaving a fair and got hand stamped and the guy doing it made a darn mess with the stamp ink. Was not happy to say the least.

savage_46

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 swapped
I used hand sanitizer to get ink off mine last year. Did a pretty good job, no residue, or damage.