Driver seat issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

desertfox223

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Im new to the forum and came hear because im having an issue with my driver seat. The truck is a 2012 1500 Crew Cab 4x4, with power driver seat. The seat when I brake hard enough kinda of dips forward slightly and when I hit the throttle i can feel it shifting backwards (the movement isnt a sliding, more of a rocking motion).

Been to the dealer a few times and they said they couldn't feel it the first few times I took it, so I guess I must be imagining things those times. The fourth time I get a answer that now they felt it, the reasoning I get from this is its supposed to have this play its "designed that way". I felt I was being BS'd personally, i felt it in his response and body language. I have never had a car or truck seat move like this and I had no knowledge base to offer any argument. I called ram they were little to no help.

Any input with your experiences is appreciated, this rocking motion gets on my nerves when driving. I don't believe this is normal. Do yours do this? Thanks for any help in advance.

OP
OP
D

desertfox223

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
No, i can get the movement to now happen when not in seat. My wife watched and said she saw the rocking motion it is slight say a 1/4 inch or so give or take, but its annoying and I dont think its a design feature. Haven't read anything saying it is, and I haven't felt it in any other vehicle.

Last edited:

JasonBuh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2012 st and I can feel the seat move side to side ever so slightly. When I turn and hit a bump I can hear it pop and feel it rock to the right. But I dont feel it rock to the left. Dealer told me they couldnt reproduce it yet me and my fiance can hear it everytime. This is the only thing I dont like about my truck. Your not alone!!!

BigDogg795

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2010 and have the same issue. I noticed if I change the position of the seat it goes away...

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I haven't noticed that in ours, but it doesn't sound right.
Are there other dealers you could take it to? This may be one of those things that it takes just the right person (w/ good attitude) to help you.

usmfan789

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
i feel the same thing happen during a hard brake or take off man but doesnt bother me enough to make a trip to the dealer you try looking for somethin that could need wrenched on

Ike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a '12 4x4 quad cab, I have not felt anything like that, mine seems rock solid.

jlb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Mine does not move. Also, rock solid.

arod412

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i'm just still stuck on why ram decided to design the headrest to lean forward...thats a pain in the butt...i wanna replace it.