Driver seat too tight/small, any ideas?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chootum

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello Everybody,

I have recently purchase my first RAM after driving GMC for 10+ years. I bought a 2014 Ram Express 4x4, crew cab, 8 speed trans, 5.7L Hemi for $30k with 4 miles. Couldn't pass the offer.

My one issue is I'm 6'4", and getting in and out of the truck is a bit difficult. The steering wheel doesn't tilt up high enough and the driver seat doesn't slide back far enough. I have to squeeze in my right knee to get it under the steering wheel.

So my question is: is there any way to mod the driver seat to make it slide further back? Or any way to mod the steering column to make the wheel go up a bit more?

Thanks for your replies.

Chris

cgeorgemo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Hello Everybody,

I have recently purchase my first RAM after driving GMC for 10+ years. I bought a 2014 Ram Express 4x4, crew cab, 8 speed trans, 5.7L Hemi for $30k with 4 miles. Couldn't pass the offer.

My one issue is I'm 6'4", and getting in and out of the truck is a bit difficult. The steering wheel doesn't tilt up high enough and the driver seat doesn't slide back far enough. I have to squeeze in my right knee to get it under the steering wheel.

So my question is: is there any way to mod the driver seat to make it slide further back? Or any way to mod the steering column to make the wheel go up a bit more?

Thanks for your replies.

Chris

Chris I am also 6'4" and I have no problems fitting in my Crew Cab Tradesman which has the same interior as the Express.

I don't think there is anything that can be done easily to mod the interiors we have except to swap in some power adjustable seats from a donor salvage truck.
RAM Black Leather Power Heated Front Rear Bucket Seats Dodge Crew 2014 Laramie | eBay
They can adjust lower to the floor to give you some more room between the seat and the wheel.

VTBighorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
'14
Engine
5.7 Hemi
power adjustable is the way to go

OP
OP
C

chootum

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've sat in power adjustable seats and they are not any roomier than the manual I have. Is there any way to modify the steering wheel to make it tilt up more?

davetha

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I've sat in power adjustable seats and they are not any roomier than the manual I have. Is there any way to modify the steering wheel to make it tilt up more?

I'm sure there is a way to make the wheel tilt up more, but probably not documented.

The automatic seats allow the seat to move up and down, and tilt a bit. I would think that would help a lot. You must have super long legs and a short torso or something.