Driver Window Issue Auto Roll

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Solo5472

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I just had both front windows of my 2010 ram tinted today and suddenly my driver window won't roll automatically up/down. I have already checked the manuals for the reset but still won't work. It's strange because my passenger window isn't doing this but my driver one is. I have to constantly press the button to close it fully or to roll it down all the way won't roll with one press. It was working just fine before I had them tinted it was after when I encountered the problem. The master switch is working just fine because I replaced it already but still nothing. Maybe there could be an obstruction in the motor or slide panel? Not sure if anyone else has encountered this problem?

Juvenator93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine did the same thing for a little bit after I put my in channel window visors on. After a while it started doing it again. I guess it got used to the little extra resistance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bryan28

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think i remember another post about this recently. I believe they recommended rolling the window all the way down and while continuing to hold the switch down count to 3. The do the same thing but only rolling it up. Do that about 3 or 4 times and it should work.

Last edited:

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Here's a reset procedure that should work.

1. starting with the window up, push and hold the down button until the window bottoms out. continue to hold for the count of 3.

2. pull up on the switch and hold until the window is fully seated in the up position. Hold the switch up for a count of 3.

Repeat 1 & 2 for a total of 3 or 4 sequences.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
It's the safety sensors. It should go away with the aforementioned reset procedure.

To overcome it with in channel window visors, use a file to shave off some of the plastic were it first touches the window when rolling up. The goal is to make a ramp the window will hit instead of a corner.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk