Driverside Sun Visor Mirror Not Illuminating - Any Fix?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just realized today that my sun visor mirror on the driver side isn't illuminating.

I decided to check and replace the bulbs with something else (a small led board) and popped out the bulbs (bad idea as they were tiny and soldered directly to + and -) by cracking them and having to remove shards of glass in the process.

I then realized that there was no power getting to the driver visor mirror and got out the test light. The ground seems to be working fine, but positive doesn't work for some reason.

The passenger side works fine, and if I have to I will just tap into that side and call it a day. The map, and rear top center mount work fine.

I looked for a fuse and found nothing under the hood. Should I be looking elsewhere? -- My next step was to remove the visor and check the connections to rule out the board being bad.

Is there something I'm missing or should I look elsewhere to troubleshoot it?

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Tia.

Maddmaxx13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am having the same/similar issue. I have a 2016 Ram 1500 Big Horn and the Driver side Sunvisor light(s) worked for about 1 month and have not since. Since I don't check my nose for hangers in the dark too often I never addressed the issue, getting ready to put the beast up for sale/trade so wanted to fix it. Bulbs appear fine, passenger side works great, Just no dice on the driver side and overhead lights sporadically will not turn on by pressing the light in/out

jr27236

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would pull the visor and tap into the positive lead there. I bet the wire broke at the swivel if you happen to move them a lot.

circuitguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Tradesman Regular Cab
Engine
5.7L HEMI
There is a recall on the drivers visor wire being pinched during the install of the visor at the factory. The problem does not show up till months or years later. Pull it down, maybe that is it.