Flickering LED map light FIXED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

billiards4me

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Great write up! Just fixed my ‘14 with LED package. Couple things to add:
I went with the Philips Xtreme Vision 360 X-tremeUltinon LED W5W T10 194 168 (4000K) from Amazon.
Philips Xtreme Vision 360 X-tremeUltinon LED W5W T10 194 168 (4000K) (Pack of 2) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OYT11RE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_IMc5Db4C3Q1DT
I can’t speak for the brightness or color tone just yet, as it’s not dark yet... but I was kinda bummed that they don’t dim-to-off as the factory ones did... but small price to pay. Also, these were just a tiny bit too tall, but I was able to use my razor knife and pop off the little opaque “cap” on the tips of them, which made them short enough to fit. I actually pulled the bulbs out of the sockets a touch, to have the diode actually “kiss” the OEM clear lens part. A touch of super glue to lock them in place.

Oh, and if you’re doing your LED shopping, only the tip/top of the bulb needs to be the shiny part. No need to try to find a bulb that is lit with diodes around the perimeter of the bulb. That was a piece of info I wish I’d had while searching for the right bulb.

Overall... SUPER happy I didn’t kill myself trying to find a replacement console, or spend a ridiculous amount of money on one!!