Flip down rear seats done!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2013Ram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 CC 1500 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I used about 3/4" worth of washers under each bolt and it worked perfectly for me. Now I can shove all my crap behind the seats (as seen in the video) and use the new space under the seats for whatever else. Probably nothing new to a lot of y'all but I just wanted to show it off!

Flip down rear seats - YouTube

HookEm Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Very cool mod. What bolts did you put washers under to do this? And where did you find the fold flat floor? Those are the exact two things I was upset with when I found out I didn't have them.

OP
OP

2013Ram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 CC 1500 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Very cool mod. What bolts did you put washers under to do this? And where did you find the fold flat floor? Those are the exact two things I was upset with when I found out I didn't have them.

Thanks, there are 4 bolts that hold the seat brackets to the floors (I can get better pictures/video if you'd like). Mine actually came with the fold flat floor when I got it so I wouldn't know where to get them

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have the fold flat floor in my 2010 Sport. Can this be done with these seats as well? Do the seats lock back in any kind of way?

Sparkyy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6
I believe it's just a matter of putting some washers under the seat to raise it up a little bit and the hooks can then be undone. If you have fold flat, shouldn't change anything since the OP has the fold flat as well.

You can get the fold flat at your dealer OR if you're dealer is a descent one, they will give you the part numbers and you can search online for cheaper prices.

My only thing is, how easy is it to lower the seat? I don't like the idea if there every was an accident, the seat could become unhinged and try to fold down with someone in the back seat.

Wrath

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have the fold flat floor in my 2010 Sport. Can this be done with these seats as well? Do the seats lock back in any kind of way?

When I read the DIY previously it said that the seats are in the locked position until the bottom portion is lifted. The spacer just lifts the seat enough that when the bottom is lifted and the backrest makes its original forward movement it can come off the hooks.

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I looked and could not find the DIY for this? You have the link?

So correct me if I'm wrong. To lay down the back of the seat you must first lift the front of the seat to detach the rear clips? Sounds like it would keep the back of the seat up in an accident if so.

OP
OP

2013Ram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 CC 1500 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Cruizer you should be able to do it, I can make a better video explaining everything later today. Like wrath said, the seat will not come forward unless the bottom portion is lifted to a certain height. If you were to be in an accident the seat would stay locked in

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Cruizer you should be able to do it, I can make a better video explaining everything later today. Like wrath said, the seat will not come forward unless the bottom portion is lifted to a certain height. If you were to be in an accident the seat would stay locked in

Sweet! Let me know when you post the video. I might do this. I like hidden storage spaced. That's why I won't drop speakers under my rear seats.

Speaking of, these trucks have a ton of storage. Door storage, 2 glove boxes, 2 levels to the center console, storage slots in the console (though little) and storage under the rear seats.

vtron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I looked and could not find the DIY for this? You have the link?

So correct me if I'm wrong. To lay down the back of the seat you must first lift the front of the seat to detach the rear clips? Sounds like it would keep the back of the seat up in an accident if so.

Next time you're at your truck, raise the rear seat and look at the back rest. You'll see that the back rest raises up when the seat pan is at about 45 degrees. The spacers move the clips up so that when the back rest is at its highest point, the clips are free from the bracket.

You can also cut the clips to perform the same task. Once it warms up, this is the route I'm going.

man n black

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Anyone have a link to the DIY read?

Ch

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

OP
OP

2013Ram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 CC 1500 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Went to go record that video between classes and the camera died 10 seconds in.... I guess I should pay more attention. The video will have to wait until tonight now, sorry guys

FF in MN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok, just to clarify...the flip down seat mod is not going to flip down in a wreck? I want to do this, but my two little ones' safety comes first obviously.

OP
OP

2013Ram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 CC 1500 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ok, just to clarify...the flip down seat mod is not going to flip down in a wreck? I want to do this, but my two little ones' safety comes first obviously.

No it will not come down. When I get the video done later I'll show that

Bunion

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Express
Engine
5.7L PIG EDITION
is there anyway to get those goofy backseat head rests off?

jbr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
is there anyway to get those goofy backseat head rests off?

There are clips that have to be pushed in where the headrest connects to the seat. As you push them in you have to pull up on the headrest. You may have to wiggle the headrest to get it started, but they will come out.

Wrath

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
..and don't forget to lift the bottom of the seat to make the backrest tip out the 2-3 inches it does from the factory. If you don't do that the headrests just hit the headliner.