Fold Flat Floor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The fold flat floor is designed for the 60/40 rear seat. It attaches to the two outer mounts and the inner mounts of the seats. I am not sure where you would attach it on the Tradesman since it has the solid rear seat. If you decide to.add the 60/40 rear seat with the fold out floor that is extremely easy. I installed the Laramie seats in my express with the fold out floor and all of the correct mounting points were there. I just had to buy the bolts. In short if you wanted to add the fold out floor with you bench seat it would take some fabricating to accomplish.

coolemoff1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No problem the truck floor is drilled and tapped for the folding floor or 60 40 mount brackets
i put one in my tradesman with solid rear bench
mount floor to outer brackets and truck floor in middle were it splits

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for clarifying that. I thought the brackets actualy bolted to the seat frame on mine. Guess I should have looked closer.

bruce219

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
pentastar
I took the one out of my 2002 ram slt and put it in my new ram express,got new bolts from ace which are mm thread by the way,straight fit no problem and the express has bench seat.

c.mcclure10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L VVT V6
If you're interested in making your own, this is the one I made for my 2016 quad cab.

I used leftover 1/2 inch plywood from a project, but you could probably use 3/4 if you wanted something a little more heavy duty.

Cut down two piano hinges to size (about $CAD 10 each), and I used 4 cans of Rustoleum Flexidip for the surface ($Cad 11 each), but probably should have used something like a truck bed liner spray paint. Also could use carpet for the surface, but I wanted to try the flexidip.

The slots on the sides allow it to lift up to get to the underseat storage as well. The hinges on the second picture don't go all the way across, because once folded up I thought the hinge would have interfered with the cup holders. Could have easily adjusted the measurements to stop this, but the hinges were already cut.

The painted picture shows a couple more grooves/angles cut in to the side. This was to allow it to lift up as I mentioned, and to completely hide it when it is folded up under the seat. The unpainted picture was my first "draft" just to test for fit.

fold flat floor paint.jpg

fold flat floor down.jpg

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
Mopar OEM Fold Flat Foor

Saw a forum member had a set of fold flat floor pieces, for sale.
Jumped all over them, not knowing if they would work, for me, or not.
Remember, I got an Express. One solid back seat, not a split seat.
However, I did not have any compartment "floor" or "Cover", at all.
If the back seat was up, I could see the storage bins, under the seat.

Drove me Nutty. Buddy's Big Horn had flip up seats, and even it has a flat cover over those bins.
I wanted something similar, so bought this fold flat floor, on a Hope.

Turned out, it worked out.
Yeah, Team Gofishn!

Here is the floor, installed. Split floor, for Split seat but works, just fine, with a solid seat.
I really like having the two hard plastic "legs" that can be flipped out to support the floor.
The hold down strap works great too. No flopping around or noise, whatsoever.

FFF01.jpg

To install, simply remove the Bolt, that secures the back seat itself.
See it, from Passenger side, rear door. Here it is

http://www.midwestshutterbug.com/Z/FFF02.JPG

In the middle, since I did not have a split rear seat, I had no bolts to remove. But, I noticed that there was a cutout, in the carpet. Removed the cutout and there were my two wholes, with nuts underneath, already welded to the cab, just waiting for my to buy a couple of bolts.Which I got from my local hardware store.

FFF03.jpg

Now, if you look at the picture above, you see there is an extra hole, above the bolt, where it looks like another bolt could go in. Uh uh. No hole in the floor board for it. MEthinks it is a guide pin. There are guide pins, on each side of the seat I do have.

Here is the drivers side rear door view and the bolt that holds the seat, in place, simply remove, put your floor in place and reattach the bolt.

fff04.jpg

Here is my Fold Flat Floor Mod, all opened up, ready for my Gear.

fff05.jpg

Ignore all the junk on my Husky floor mat. I swear, I vacuum the Truck.
Really, I do, Got a vacuum hanging on my garage wall and just used it, yesterday.

Even pulled out the floor mats, wash them down, let them dry and stuck them back.

Turn my head, for one second, and the damn things are dirty again.

OP
OP
R

RamblinRod

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500 CC LB 4x4
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Great info everyone, thanks. For the time being I made a simple removable platform for the dogs, will keep my eye out for a used fold flat floor.

AFMoulton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Mopar OEM Fold Flat Foor

Drove me Nutty. Buddy's Big Horn had flip up seats, and even it has a flat cover over those bins.
I wanted something similar, so bought this fold flat floor, on a Hope.

Yeah, Team Gofishn!

Here is the floor, installed. Split floor, for Split seat but works, just fine, with a solid seat.
I really like having the two hard plastic "legs" that can be flipped out to support the floor.

FFF01.jpg

http://www.midwestshutterbug.com/Z/FFF02.JPG

In the middle, since I did not have a split rear seat, I had no bolts to remove. But, I noticed that there was a cutout, in the carpet. Removed the cutout and there were my two wholes, with nuts underneath, already welded to the cab, just waiting for my to buy a couple of bolts.Which I got from my local hardware store.

FFF03.jpg

Now, if you look at the picture above, you see there is an extra hole, above the bolt, where it looks like another bolt could go in. Uh uh. No hole in the floor board for it. MEthinks it is a guide pin. There are guide pins, on each side of the seat I do have.

Here is the drivers side rear door view and the bolt that holds the seat, in place, simply remove, put your floor in place and reattach the bolt.

fff04.jpg

fff05.jpg

Ignore all the junk on my Husky floor mat. I swear, I vacuum the Truck.
Really, I do, Got a vacuum hanging on my garage wall and just used it, yesterday.

Even pulled out the floor mats, wash them down, let them dry and stuck them back.

Turn my head, for one second, and the damn things are dirty again.

Do you know that part numbers to these? Or maybe what part numbers I would need?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GL10DR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
Or, better yet,
hit your local junk yards. anything 09-2018 should work just fine

Hemi4905

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Junk Yard Question: Do you guys know what Ram trim packages the fold flat floor comes standard in from 09-18? Thanks

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Junk Yard Question: Do you guys know what Ram trim packages the fold flat floor comes standard in from 09-18?
I would say at least the SLT and above. I know both the BigHorn and Outdoorsman which are both based off the SLT trim level have them, the Rebels probably do too.

Hemi4905

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Interesting since my 2019 1500 Classic SLT doesn’t have the fold floor option as standard, so I agree with you that it’s got to be standard on Bighorn, Laramie & Limited trim packages.

bruce219

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
pentastar
Fold flat floors from 2002 years and up are a straight fit.

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
Is it possible to put a fold flat floor in a Tradesman if you can find the parts?

Sure will!

https://www.ramforum.com/posts/1260358/

from above link

Mopar OEM Fold Flat Foor

Drove me Nutty. Buddy's Big Horn had flip up seats, thought the lower end model and I wanted something similar. Bought them , on a Hope.

Yeah, Team Gofishn!

http%3A%2F%2Fwww.midwestshutterbug.com%2FZ%2FFFF01.png

http%3A%2F%2Fwww.midwestshutterbug.com%2FZ%2FFFF02.png

http%3A%2F%2Fwww.midwestshutterbug.com%2FZ%2FFFF03.png

http%3A%2F%2Fwww.midwestshutterbug.com%2FZ%2Ffff04.png

http%3A%2F%2Fwww.midwestshutterbug.com%2FZ%2Ffff05.png

Hope this helps.

FYI. yes, 2002 and up will fit. HOWEVER< QUad Cabs are for quAD CABS AND cREW cABS ARE FOR cREW CABS,. wUAD CAB FLOOR IN A CREW CAB WILL BE TOO SHORT AND OCULD HURT AN ANIMAL RIDING AORUND BACK THERE.
aLSO, SOME FOLD FLAT FLOORS WERE JUST ONE FOLD, METAL AND DID NOT GO ALL THE WAY TO THE BACK OF THE FRON DORR.
jUST BE AWARE WHEN LOOKING FOR THEM AT JUNK YEARDS.

OOPS C