Folding rear seat mod - Fold flat load floor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cummins Dog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I've searched and read about every thread about the fold down rear seat back mod and I haven't seen this addressed, unless I missed it somehow, but does putting the spacers (washers, blots etc.) to lift the seat the required 5/8 to 3/4 of an inch cause any problems with the fold flat load floor? I mean its got to give it a little "downhill" attitude instead of it being totally level, doesn't it? Is that a problem or is it minor enough that it doesn't bother anything? Also, is it possible to attach the load floor under the seat brackets, instead of over them as the factory intended, to maintain the level on the load floor? Thanks!

OP
OP
Cummins Dog

Cummins Dog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Also, almost forgot. I remember there was a way to do this in the 3rd gen trucks where all you had to do was unbolt the "U" brackets the the seat hook went into and turn them over and bolt them back on and it gave you enough clearance for the hooks to allow the seat back to fold. Anybody try that or looked at the "u" brackets to see if that was possible?

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
I am no help but wanting to hear the answer :) I am interested as well

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
With the RAM OEM factory rubber mats ontop of the factory cloth mats, even with a 5/8" they still a tad high in the front. If you had no mats, it would probably slope downward a hair.

John Jensen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel
Also, almost forgot. I remember there was a way to do this in the 3rd gen trucks where all you had to do was unbolt the "U" brackets the the seat hook went into and turn them over and bolt them back on and it gave you enough clearance for the hooks to allow the seat back to fold. Anybody try that or looked at the "u" brackets to see if that was possible?

Your 2016 brackets cannot be unbolted. I cut 5/8" off the brackets on the back of the rear seats - works perfectly.

One picture of a bracket before cutting and two pictures of the cut bracket

Attachments

• Rear Seat Hook-Modified-1.jpg
    Rear Seat Hook-Modified-1.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 190
  • Rear Seat Hook-Modified-2.jpg
    Rear Seat Hook-Modified-2.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 197
  • Rear Seat Hook-Original.jpg
    Rear Seat Hook-Original.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 207
OP
OP
Cummins Dog

Cummins Dog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Your 2016 brackets cannot be unbolted. I cut 5/8" off the brackets on the back of the rear seats - works perfectly.

Did that John. Works perfectly.

norville

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I did this also and it was a great mod.