freaking seat springs creaking on cloth seats!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Typetwelve

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel 3.0
Aaaargg...this is driving me crazy.

I have a '14 1500 with the cloth seats. Bought new in Feb of '14 and I am just over 8K miles...so I obviously don't drive much. I'm also 6' tall, 175 so not to be rude...but I'm not a heavy guy either.

Long story short, about 3 months ago I noticed the seat springs "creaking" when i would corner and my body weight would shift to one side or another. At first it was of an on...now the creaking is much louder and all of the time (again, when shifting body weight)...

I'm going to take it in to Dodge but I wanted to wait until it was an all the time deal so I wouldn't get the typical "It didn't do it when we drive the vehicle" crap you always get.

Either way...has anyone else had this issue...or better yet, had it fixed?

HemiRoar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
There was a TSB on 09-12s for this issue I believe, not sure if it applies to 13+. My driver seat back used to pop, dealer fixed it for free after an oil change and told me after.

usmc_ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
if there was a tsb for previous models, chances are (if your dealer doesnt suck) they will take care of it for you..never hurts to ask !

Beast Mode Cowboy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Litre Hemi
I thought I had the same issue, but when I took it in, it was actually the centre storage console that was squeaking, not the seat, so it was an easy fix. Take your arm off the centre console and see if it still squeaks.

Sent from my iPhone from my outhouse out on the property in the middle of butt **** nowhere

hemiexp04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I also just got a 2014 blacktop. Noticed the seat squeeked very loud too. Haven't taken it to the dealer ye t I prob will when I get the oil changed.

JasonK94Z

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What's the TSB and the fix? My 11 does it and is out of warranty.

OP
OP
T

Typetwelve

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel 3.0
I thought I had the same issue, but when I took it in, it was actually the centre storage console that was squeaking, not the seat, so it was an easy fix. Take your arm off the centre console and see if it still squeaks.

Sent from my iPhone from my outhouse out on the property in the middle of butt **** nowhere

After reading your post, I drove around with my arm off of the arm rest...the creaking sound was still there. I'll take this in and get it looked at sooner or later. With the truck not a year old yet, and my miles so low warranty wise, I'm not hurry at the moment.