Front 12V Splitters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5.7HemiSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Sport Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looking for the perfect 12V accessory adapter for the Center Console/Bucket Seat Rams. I have bought and returned two already. Ideally looking for one that plugs in the front tray and fills the storage space. USB hook in is a plus. Not looking for something for the console flip-up space.

Pics and Name/ part numbers please.

Attachments

• IMG_0244.jpg
    IMG_0244.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 83

Stagman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looking for the perfect 12V accessory adapter for the Center Console/Bucket Seat Rams. I have bought and returned two already. Ideally looking for one that plugs in the front tray and fills the storage space. USB hook in is a plus. Not looking for something for the console flip-up space.

Pics and Name/ part numbers please.

I'll be watching this one. If I was handier I would like just install some stand alone outlets. One in the top glovebox and one under the dash, left of the console. I really dislike using that center one. Currently I have my GPS plugged in there. GPS is an older Street Pilot 2730. it sets perfectly in the tray in the center of the dash. Use cord keepers down to the outlet. Then have a sunglass case hiding the plug and wires. Just too messy for me.

For what you are wanting you might be able to fab a piece of wood that could set into the box with your outlets/usb monted in it. Just a thought. Anyway good luck finding what your wanting.
Jay

OP
OP
5.7HemiSport

5.7HemiSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yeah Stagman - If I had the resources it would be a piece of MDF Board with the adapters mounted blow and facing up. I might just have to settle for these new ones that basically run 2 or 3 extension cord type splitters. By far my least favorite thing about my RAM.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Why don't you just wire them in it would be pretty easy just take off center dash piece and flush mount them or create a power center area right where you want it. I always wire outlets in so I can have radar detector wire ran behind dash and all the way up pillar and behind mirror. Just need to wire into a acc wire that either turns on and off with key or is constant if you prefer.

$miley

Stagman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Why don't you just wire them in it would be pretty easy just take off center dash piece and flush mount them or create a power center area right where you want it. I always wire outlets in so I can have radar detector wire ran behind dash and all the way up pillar and behind mirror. Just need to wire into a acc wire that either turns on and off with key or is constant if you prefer.

$miley

Come on over to CO, then on to IL and show us what you mean :birgits_tiredcoffee Seriously, are there any tech articles on this dash piece removal of which you speak?:favorites13:

Stagman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah Stagman - If I had the resources it would be a piece of MDF Board with the adapters mounted blow and facing up. I might just have to settle for these new ones that basically run 2 or 3 extension cord type splitters. By far my least favorite thing about my RAM.

What about getting the splitter, and attaching it to MDF, plug the splitter in, and drop the MDF into place, stuffing all the cords underneath the MDF?

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
for my GPS I hard wired another 12 outlet in the upper glove box and hid the wire from the gps so you dont even see the wire. I use the outlet in the upper armrest to charge my phone. So really I never use that outlet anymore.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
To get that part of the dash off there are two screws under the little cubbyhole, two under the little area where it says dodge. You must take of chrome ring then one more screen behind the power outlet. I think that was all ill find you a pdf of how to.

$miley

DOAX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 360
i would use a piece of brushed stainless and mount all of the ports even use the stock plug in it and just add a power distribution block under it so you never have to worry about it coming unplugged

OP
OP
5.7HemiSport

5.7HemiSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
DOAX & Stag, you both described a similar idea which I am thinking about. Flush-mount cover for the AUX area, with ports wired below and also flushed facing up. Problem is time, tools, resources, and ingenuity.. I am lacking on most but as time moves forward I will try to make this happen. In the meantime - STILL looking for $12.99 solution :)