front seat headrest DANGER

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
lol I spit out a little Pepsi reading this nonsense haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XtremeAbuse

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Omg this post can't be for real. This is definitely a special person post.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Really you don't say...

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As I see it, you would have a better chance of neck injury with it backwards because it would whip your head sharply back as opposed to being the proper way which would prevent your head from whipping back.

Until you do personal testing to prove me wrong, that's my story and my theory for now. :)

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hmmm.....

In all my 15+ years of driving I've never been rear ended.....knock on wood...

Buuttttt....

I think I'll continue to take my chances with the way the engineers designed it....thx anyways chief.

Last edited:

Johnnymac2k6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
With such a deadly device mounted in such an obviously incorrect and negligent manner, right in plain sight, im shocked you didnt notice this until after you purchased it and drove it X# of times and got it all the way to your home....lucky to be alive sir...now luckily we can await a class action lawsuit against the worlds top ten auto manufacturers for allegedly flawed headrest that somehow pass US and EU highway test crash standards. A true patriot at work, saving america one conspiracy theory at a time.

jwheeler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
With them turned around like that, you greatly increase the chance of a neck injury due to whiplash. They are tilted forward to meet your head so it doesn't get ****** back before it contacts the headrest. A couple years ago, I was rear ended in my ram and they functioned perfectly.

Johnnymac2k6

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
With them turned around like that, you greatly increase the chance of a neck injury due to whiplash. They are tilted forward to meet your head so it doesn't get ****** back before it contacts the headrest. A couple years ago, I was rear ended in my ram and they functioned perfectly.

You clearly arent talking about the same submodel ram. This has been thoroughly researched sir...please reserve your doubts ;)

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 281

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just saying. Your way is way more dangerous. It is NOT good to have your head ripped backward like in your picture. The headrests are designed and tested by nhtsa and the ram has proven to be very safe with only a lower score for roll over. Your way completely defeats the purpose of a headrest because it doesn't keep your head from whipping backwards it makes it more possible to happen. My IQ has dropped to dangerous levels reading this. I really hope this is a huge joke

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Holy S*#* guys!!!!

He may be right! It's like ALL the manufactures are out to kill us!

From Chevrolet...

To Rolls...

From the Accord..

To the Z car...

This could FINALLY be proof of some Illuminati type conspiracy!!!!

nateinva

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 1500 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7L
OP, please keep this thread updated after you contact "RAM". Like I said, I took all mine out until this gets resolved. This is some seriously scary ****.

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OP, please keep this thread updated after you contact "RAM". Like I said, I took all mine out until this gets resolved. This is some seriously scary ****.

Do you honestly think that Ram has put the head rests backwards? Would you not think that when the Ram went through crash testing such a huge mistake would have come out?

:crazy:

nateinva

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 1500 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7L
Do you honestly think that Ram has put the head rests backwards? Would you not think that when the Ram went through crash testing such a huge mistake would have come out?

:crazy:
Methinks your sarcasm meter might be broken. This thread is full of lolz....

CostaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I was wondering the same thing on my 2011 1500.
the headrest is pointed extremely forwards and this looks odd to me and is uncomfortable too.

My limited knowledge of medicine tell me that this probably has to be like this as the backbone can bend much more forward than backwards.
If rear ended the neck will bend in the space between the upper headrest and the seat and the head bend forward.
Also the head is always in contact with the headrest due his (uncomfortable) shape and
this avoid that the head slams in the headrest when rear ended.

But it is still my believe that it should be straight to sustain the whole head and backbone.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.