front seat headrest DANGER

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mowin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 hemi
I see nothing in the first post - did I miss all the fun?

Same here, OP deleted or edited his posts. Lol. But I gathered enough info from quoted posts to piece things together. :roflsquared:

Rupert

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 big horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I actually wondered about this subject, as my 08 Charger and 2014 ram have the same angle and it doesn't actually look or feel right. I thought that if I ever got rear ended my neck would be folded down, chin towards neck and well, FOR ME that might be bad. I kinda left it alone, as I had my neck fused at C5/6 and some angles are now impossible, others are uncomfortable. In another words I thought it was just me so WTF , right?

I got rear-ended last Sept in my charger, I was stopped in traffic. Range rover hit me doing about 25 mph OUCH

I distinctly remember the car moving forward WITHOUT me. I was being pushed into the seat.

Guess what?

I didn't die or break my neck.

I was sore the next day, upper back and neck. seemed normal for what happened

I am pretty satisfied that the engineers know what they are doing, IRT this issue and although I think It does look a little dumb, Its built that way for a reason.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Alright, I know I'm old, and I hate to be that guy, but I think I have a solution for this problem. I agree someone need to test this theory out so I thought about doing some crash test with LIVE test dummies. There seems to be plenty of these dummies available in Washington DC---it's called CONGRESS! Just my idea----:naughty::naughty:
Jay

Last edited:

mowin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 hemi
Alright, I know I'm old, and I hate to be that guy, but I think I have a solution for this problem. I agree someone need to test this theory out so I thought about doing some crash test with LIVE test dummies. There seems to be plenty of these dummies available in Washington DC---it called CONGRESS! Just my idea----:naughty::naughty:
Jay

I nominate a certain presidential candidate that lost..:roflsquared:

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
I nominate a certain presidential candidate that lost..:roflsquared:

I nominate the Presidential Candidate, that won, and all current members of both Houses too.

Can we verify the results, with further testing, using sitting Governors?

To quote Lennon:
Imagine

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I apologize for knocking this thread off track. I must have too much time on my hands----I still think it's a good idea though. :naughty:
Jay

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L

mowin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 hemi
Snowflakes???? :roflsquared::roflsquared:

It's the Russians. They designed the headrest to take us out one accident at a time.

Moab_Rockstar

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 2500
Engine
5.9L
I seriously hate these push forward head rests. I have to tilt my backrest to the "gangsta" position so that my head isn't constantly bouncing off the damn head rest, then I have no support for my back. In addition, my passengers get pissed because now my backrest is their forward knee support. :word:

We should start a "stop being gangsta" drive so that manufacturers will go back to designing headrests for normal people that like to sit upright when driving.:beatdeadhorse5:

Status
Not open for further replies.