Gauge Cluster Lighting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

connorbernard7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My gauge cluster is starting to flicker on pretty much all brightness levels, anyone know if it’s just a matter of replacing a bulb or do you have to replace the whole gauge cluster ? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Do the gauges hold steady? Is it just the lights? Is there any pattern to when it occurs more or less? Have you tried to gently push or tap on the cluster when it's doing it to see if it makes any difference?

Almost sounds like a possible wire connection problem or switch. Have you tried moving the dimmer switch and even the light switch back/fourth a whole bunch of times in case the contacts inside became dusty?

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

connorbernard7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do the gauges hold steady? Is it just the lights? Almost sounds like a possible wire connection problem.

All of the lights besides the lighting between 20-80kms on the speedo work fine, between 20-80kms it flickers on all the different brightness settings. And it’s mostly constant flickering, the odd time it will hold steady.

KCaudill

The RAM
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine did the same thing, shut off the truck and restart and went away, im sure it will happen again,

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
I would look for a loose connection ! Just a thought Please Update what you find

OP
OP
C

connorbernard7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Mines a 2010 so that thread doesn’t really do me any good. It’s just in one spot between the 20-80kms on the speedometer where it flickers although yesterday I noticed it started to do it between 0-2000rpm too. Most likely similar issue as the 13+ models but haven’t been able to really track anything down. Friend of mine with a 2011 had to get the cluster replaced, $800 later... yikes, trying to avoid a major bill as no warranty but looks as tho I may have to go that route.