Gauge replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skyjockey

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Warlock 4x4
Engine
3.6L
I have the 2012 RAM 1500 Express with the lame gage package without the battery voltage & oil pressure or the driver info center :-(

What might be involved, if it is even possible, to change to the full gauge dash?

HLram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2007
Engine
Hemi 5.7 in both
Just my opinion, but I think it probably would be very expensive. It may be more cost effective for you to just get a gauge pod for your A-pillar and put whatever gauges you want in it. They also make "over the rear view mirror" gauge pods, too. If you're wanting digital type gauges they make those too that will fit in round gauge pods. Plus it would probably be ALOT easier to do the pillar pod and gauges.

ram-head

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Check out autoanything They have some gauge panels for 2012 models. And they may be able to tell you if you don't have a gauge there if the wires are already ran or not.

ram-head

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
But if you're wanting the EVIC as well, I'm sure that would be pretty expensive. A dealership would be you're only option for that probably.

TylerB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You'll have to find a used dash cluster with the EVIC that has slightly higher mileage on it than what you have on yours Then have to visit the dealer so they can flash your VIN onto that dash cluster, they will not do it a unit that has less miles on it than what you have now. You will also need a new steering wheel with the buttons. Even then somethings will not work. Some one else has done this on another forum, but I forget exactly what he was having problems with.

ram-head

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You'll have to find a used dash cluster with the EVIC that has slightly higher mileage on it than what you have on yours Then have to visit the dealer so they can flash your VIN onto that dash cluster, they will not do it a unit that has less miles on it than what you have now. You will also need a new steering wheel with the buttons. Even then somethings will not work. Some one else has done this on another forum, but I forget exactly what he was having problems with.

I started to mention a salvage or something, but I wasn't sure if that would work. Do you know if it would be possible to add an overhead console to a truck that already has EVIC? Mine has EVIC but no compass. From my understanding, the compass sensor is part of the overhead console?

TylerB

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That I'm not sure of either. I want to say that the compass was one of the things that didn't work when he did his swap.