GPS A-Pillar mount.?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zkahn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
I've seen the BullyDog and Trinity A-Pillar pods. Can anyone give insight to the details of the mounting plate?

P1000831.jpg

What I'm looking to do is mount my Garmin Nuvi here...Has anyone seen a option for this or someone that has done this? Looking at the above image it looks like it would be doable but how is the bulldog mounted? Is there a dock like connector? The Tuners look to be roughly the same size.

I'd really like to get the GPS off the windshield. I've run gps power cable already through the A-Pillar and have it mounted at the upper left corner of the windshield(between a-pillar and stock oil change sticker location:crazy:)

IMG_0440.jpg
IMG_0442.jpg
IMG_0443.jpg
IMG_0444.jpg
IMG_0445.jpg

IMG_0447.jpg

Searched the google and here but could not find anyone that either has done this, info on the existing A-Piller mounts, or a ready made "universal" product. I did see one but lost it that looked to mount into the O.S. handle bolt location leaving the O.S. handle in-place. These had tube arms that extend a ways. This had either a ready made phone mount for various phone models and a X-grip like RAM mounts, but with two, even one, the O.S. handle would be useless.

OP
OP
zkahn

zkahn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
Yeah I've seen that one. My Dad (member Sweetee) has that. It's not bad I just like a clean dash, and close to factory installed look of the a-piller pods. GPS also feels closer on the left side. Reaching to the radio is a long reach as it is...I'm 6'1 and do not have t-rex arms.

john94si

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Where did you find the first picture? the diablo mount?

HLram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2007
Engine
Hemi 5.7 in both
Bully Dog mount.jpg

Bully Dog mount 2.jpg

Here is my BD tuner that I use as a gauge. The mount for the Diablosport I use is not mounted because I dont like the DS gauges, but it has a wider more square deal on it than this BD does. Hope this helps you. The actual mounts on both of them are made for any hole that is (I believe) a 2 1/16'' or whatever the common size for normal gauges are (temp, EGT, boost, etc gauges-old school type). they just push into the hole in A pillar. And of course the pics are sideways..... again....stupid iPhone.

daddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

luigi1285

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
i am very interested in this. in my xterra it had a flip up pod that was built in above the radio. miss that

cgeorgemo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Would the position of the GPS beneath the A-pillar block the signal it receives from the satellites?
Has anyone tried holding it there and seeing if it gets good enough signal to lock to the satellites?

OP
OP
zkahn

zkahn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
Would the position of the GPS beneath the A-pillar block the signal it receives from the satellites?
Has anyone tried holding it there and seeing if it gets good enough signal to lock to the satellites?

Thought the same thing initially so I tried it out in that spot and it works with no issues.